introduction

in which a boy teaches a girl to live under the stars again

"you deserve the whole universe,

but I am just your star"

***

how to live under the stars again
a/n
hi guys, i wrote this book about a year or two ago, and i think now is the time to re-publish it again since i deleted it. but i reread it and i kinda liked it. and so did my friend.

my writing has improved a lot over the last three years. i've learned that its more about description than dialogue. i hope you enjoy this book. i don't know what inspired me, i was just in my feels. :)

***

       We lay under the stars glittering and sparkling under the night sky. It was like a beautiful, surreal blanket above our heads. Against the back of my head, I could feel the heartbeat and soft breaths of you closely by my side.

When we fell asleep that night I remembered that we lay under the same stars, holding each other by our sides. Under the golden stars that shimmered in the ebony sky like twinkling fairy lights, under the same stars we saw that summer in the back of your pick-up truck, the night we shared our first kiss. I remember that smile on your face, that same smile I fell in love with when I first saw you.

Those bright green orbs glistening in the darkness and your dark brown hair blowing in the wind. I remember your soft pink lips on mine, and your fingers combing through my hair, and that smile, that goddamn smile.

I remember just looking at your lips, the way they moved as you talked about the stars and all those constellations, how each and every one had a purpose,  "Just like you," you said.

You were like every single missing piece to my heart, and without the dark, we'd never see the stars, and without the stars, there is no light, and when there is no light, there is no you.