Prologue - Unexpectedly Gone

In his X-Wing, Luke had just said goodbye to his friends and was now setting the navy-computer, when Artoo gave a slight beep.

"That's right Artoo, we're going to the Dagobah system," Luke told him. "I have a promise to keep, to an old friend."

The fighter entered hyperspace a moment later and Luke was lost in thought for a while. Then he suddenly said:

"Vader couldn't actually be my father, right Artoo?"

Artoo chirped and beeped, saying he wouldn't know, but that anything was possible. Luke noticed that something about the droids tone was different than usual, and he was just about to ask him about it, when the colors of hyperspace suddenly changed. First all the blue disappeared and then all colors imaginable filled the space around the X-Wing. Artoo beeped wildly, but Luke wasn't paying attention. Once the colors had appeared he had felt the force form around him, taking him away from the fighter, Artoo, the entire galaxy in fact.

A moment later, Artoo was staring at the empty cockpit of the fighter as it resumed its journey through hyperspace as though nothing had happened.

  ~•~

Meanwhile, the falcon had entered hyperspace as well. Chewy had just left the cockpit to get something, leaving Han and Leia alone.

"So princess, where are we going now?" said Han.

"The alliance could use our help, the empire is growing stronger again," Leia answered, then with a smirk she added, "so, are you in, captain Solo?"

"Always, princess."

"Huh, I wish you had been like that when we first met," then she grew serious, "but you know, there's really no need to call me princess anymore... It's not like I can be the princess of Alderaan."

"Didn't you have a family before Alderaan? I thought you were adopted."

"I was, but when I was still a baby. I never met either of my real parents."

"But you said, your mother was the queen of Naboo once, right?"

"Yes, that's what father told me," she looked at him.

"So theoretically, you'd still be a princess, just not of Alderaan."

"If you look at it that way, I guess you're..." Leia trailed off, her head had begun to hurt and she couldn't think straight. She knew there was something she had wanted to say, but it eluded her.

"Leia? What's wrong?" Han's words barely broke through to her. But then he put an arm around her shoulders and where he touched her, her skin suddenly began to heat up. But for a moment she almost felt better. Only to feel even worse when something wrapped itself around her. Something that felt like... light! Leia didn't know what was happening to her, but she felt that Han's arm was gone from around her and she searched for him with her hands, blinded by the light. She tried to call out to him, but she couldn't.

Then her hands finally found his, and even though they were beginning to burn just like her shoulders had, she desperately tried to hold on to him. It felt like the light was carrying her away, and even though it hurt, the burning from her hands was a welcome feeling – it assured her that Han was still there. Then everything faded into darkness. 

A moment later, Chewbacca entered the cockpit. But Han and Leia had disappeared.

560 words