•10•

(edited)
*goes from 3rd person, to 1st, back to 3rd, etc.*

---
(3rd person)
they'd been on the road for forever. it felt like years, and aurora had even taken a nap for a few hours but it felt like minutes to her. it was dark now and the only scenery surrounding them were big, dark green trees portrayed as a blur. aurora could also hear water streaming, but couldn't quite pinpoint from where.

"is this where you kill me now?" she asked, laughing at her own melodramatic humor.

"obviously" harry smiled, taking a quick glance at the girl next to him.

"so...will lena be joining us?"

"no, she has work aurora" he rolled his eyes slightly.

"huh. interesting." the young girl sat back in her seat, messing with the strings of her sweats.

she looked out the window, taking in everything once again. there were no signs of city life around. just a few sporadic cabins here and there. harry was driving a bit slower now, seemingly relaxed.

just as aurora began to sleep again, the car stopped, followed by a deep "we're here" from harry.

she got out, looking around at where they were. there was a cabin in front of them composed of dark wood paneling and large glass windows. she assumed it was close to a lake as well seeing as she could still hear it.

harry grabbed their bags, going in the house with aurora trailing. it was 2 stories high, but small and cozy inside. it smelled like mint and vanilla—two of aurora's favorite scents because they reminded her of harry.

(1st person)
"so..." i trailed off, breaking the not-so-awkward silence.

"so." harry replied.

"what exactly are we doing here?"

"i thought it'd be a nice break, no?"

"if we were on speaking terms, yes. however we aren't, sooo."

"if we aren't then why are you here?" he retorted, a smirk hinting at his face.

"well you told my mom we were going. a-and if i would've protested because i don't like you right now then they would assume something's up." i rambled making absolutely no sense. i hated the effect he had on me.

"you very easily could've lied and told her you don't feel well enough to go or made up some bullshit excuse like that. you chose to come." he was fully smirking now. of course he had to add some kind of sexual remark.

with that i huffed, grabbing my bag and marching away. it wasn't my house and i had no idea where anything was but i was determined to find out for myself. i settled on a small room, going in and locking the door. it had a private connection to the bathroom with a lock as well.

the room was small but arranged in a way that made it seem bigger. it had a mirrored sliding door closet, dark wood flooring, and a comfortable looking bed with gray bedding. there was a nightstand next to the bed with a lamp and a candle. across the room there was a tv bolted to the wall, along with a dresser and very small desk. it all looked very polished and neat. i wonder how much use it gets.

RORY + STYLESजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें