Chapter 1: Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Three days. It’s been three days that I have been locked up in this dark place. I don’t know where I am or how I know how many days have passed. All I know is that it’s been three days. N food. No water. And what seems like every hour, beatings. Sometimes it’s one person. Sometimes it’s multiple people. But always, always. Beatings. And what caused this? An argument. And it wasn’t even a good one. Nothing major. He just wanted to do his “job” and “protect the prime minister's daughter.” All I wanted to do was go out and enjoy my country's culture. I should have listened to him, but instead I “gave him the slip” as these people have said. “so you gave your bodyguard the slip, eh” one said. “good for us” another said. “ we’ve been waiting for their security to slip up and look what we have here…...the long lost daughter of the prime minister of Japan, hahaha” a third man said. “I wonder why daddy never lets you go outside” the first one said. “ There’s also the rumor going around that you don’t get to see your daddy, hahaha” the third one. “ yeah, maybe its because your daddy hates you” the second one. “your bodyguard doesn’t seem to care much either, where is he I don’t see him here trying to save you.” the first one. I say nothing, even if I wanted to, I wouldn’t be able to. They gagged me and the third one is holding me tight against his body. Disgusting. I hear a phone ring the first one picks it up. “yeah...okay...lets get out of here then….yeah….I’ll meet you at the hideout….yeah…..I don’t care shoot him if you have to….yeah...okay….yeah….bye…” The first one hangs up the phone. “alright, lets go” again the first one. “Hey, satou knock the girl out.” the third one said to the second one. Satou steps forward then hits me on the head hard with the but of a gun. So, here I am sitting here on the cold, damp floor of kami knows where. I wish I had listened to him. I wished I could have called him by name. I only call people by their name if I respect them. I nickname people I like or those whom are close to me.