Just Like Another Day

Chapter 2

The morning is bright and the city has just begun to wake up when I leave my little appartement, in New York. The music pumping inside my headphones while I let quiet whispers of the song lyrics escape from my pale lips.

The school is not very far from home, but I like taking the long way. It just makes the music last longer and the nightmare of a new school day look farther away.

But it doesn't last longer and within 10 minutes of walking I arrive my destiny: High School. I can already hear the high heels going "CLOCK CLOCK CLOCK CLOCK" down the hallways, the screaming hysterical girls (pink bitchis, how I like to call them) because they gain one pound or recieve a message "FROM HIM!!". Ugh, sonofabitch high school love. It's not even real love! Everyone just wants to fuck each other or get drunk... I mean, I also drink alcohol, but it's only in special occasions.

Whatever. Just talking about school makes me depressed!

As soon as I arrive the school gate, I hear a familiar voice:

"What's up with my favourite girl?", says Emily running torwards me.

"Hi Em!", I smile. A true smile, I guess. 

She hugs me and hands me over her new iPhone. It was beautiful. I once had an iPhone too, but some thief stole it from me aat a bus stop, and my mother refused to pay me another one.

"Wow! When did you buy it?", I ask her, carefuly holding the beauty.

"Sunday!", she sings to me.

She had an awful singing voice. I don't know quite why, but I admired her. She was so brave and carefree!

Her sinsging voice did suck, but did she give a fuck about it? No!

Would she stop singing because of that? No!

I love that about her. Sometimes I even questioned myself, if what I felt for her was beyond  friendship. But then I'd remember that I'm unable to love. And that I'm only admiring that criature because she represented everything that I could not be.

I'm actually a good singer. I could even dare to say that I'm a very good singer, but then it would feel like bragging to me.

The school day went by and I was able to survive with the help of my iPod's playlist.

My favorite bands are One Direction, Arctic Monkeys and The Neighbourhood. What can I say? I've always been an ood girl.

***

Once I get home I throw my bag agaisnt the wall and run up to my room. The room is tidy, even though I'm the most untidy human being that have ever lived. Lucky for me, I have a housemaid. And she makes my room look tidy all the time, unfortunally she only works when I'm away at school and leaves one hour before I get home. So I can never thank her.

I crawl to the bed feeling completly worn out and then start going throught my Twitter account, but it's a calm day. Nothing going on in any of the fandoms.

To kill time, I decided to continue writing my book. The book is about a guy called: Niall Horan.

Niall Horan is this beautiful warm hearted irish guy that struggled through fame, but lived his life as best as he could.

This was the only way I could be in contact with him. Even though I wasn't really "in contact" with him, it felt good to write about the closest thing I had to a loved one. I wrote about Niall for almost a year now, it didn't kept me sane or safe throught the hard times. It was just something that I enjoyed doing.

Sometimes at night, when I have insomnia (I have insomnia a lot of times), I close my eyes and try to focus on my heartbeating. And I swear I can feel his heart beating right next to mine. It's amazing.

But still, I can't love. Therefore I can't say I'm in love with him like all my friends spend the day saying. Scrubbing their free healthy hearts on my face. I don't blame them. They have no fault that they were born to be loved. Like they have no fault that I was not.

I get up and run back to the kitchen downstairs. I grab a bottle of water that was standing by the kitchen counter and drink directly from the bottle. I stare at the window and think for a while. It's a beautiful day outside, there's nothing going on in the fandoms, my mum won't get home 'til midnight.

"A little visit to the gym never hurt nobody!", I smile and hurry back to my room, putting my yoga pants at the same time that I eat a not-so-good bagel that was left apart in a kitchen cabinet.

A/N I'm sorry if this two chapters were too long and slow, but I meant to give you an idea of Carmen's story/personality and her daily life.

It's within the next chapters that the story REALLY starts to move.

ps: I don't know if anyone is reading this, but if you are, please tell me and enjoy!!