IMAGINE: Carter saving you

You wake up to the strong smell of smoke and to the sound of sirens blaring. You sit up in bed and gasp. You start choking as you inhale smoke. You fall out of bed and open your window. You cry out in horror. Your apartment building is in flames. You're on the top floor. Firetrucks, ambulances, and cop cars line the streets. People are streaming out of your apartment building.

     You push yourself away from your window. You run to your door and unlock it. You open and then quickly slam it shut, flames everywhere. Panic makes your heart start to pound rapidly within your chest. You look around your apartment in desperation. You run back to your room and go to the window. You stick your hand out the window.

     "Help! Help me!" You scream. People look up at you and start shouting, pointing. You swallow, feeling the tears well. You look down and bite your lip, knowing you have a decision to make—jump or stay in your apartment.

     Fall to your death or burn.

     You choke on a sob. "Please help me!" You scream. You whirl around when you hear someone run into your apartment. You run into the front room and see Carter, your best friend and red lightspeed power ranger.

     "Wh-what are doing here?" You ask incredulously.

     He rushes over to you. "We need to go now! The whole building is going to collapse. I found a stairwell that's still intact. But we need to hurry."

     You nod. "Uh, okay." You answer.

     Carter swoops you up into his arms and holds you tightly. "Are you ready?"

     You nod, gripping onto him. "Ready." You breathe.

     Carter bursts through the door. You bury your face against his neck as the flames loom close. He runs down the hall to the stairwell. He pushes open the door and dashes down the stairs. You can feel his heart racing in his chest. He near stumbles and you yelp.

     "Sorry, sorry, sorry." He mumbles, quickly righting himself.

     You gasp. "It's okay." You breathe as he continues down the stairs.

      Once Carter gets to the bottom he rushes out the door. He sets you on your feet and you both run from the building. The ground shakes beneath your feet and you look behind you. Your jaw drops as the building start to come down. You turn around completely and stop, Carter next to you. Everyone is gasping.

     "Was everyone out?" You ask no one in particular.

     "We think so. We'll need a list of all the tenants that lived in the building. But we think everyone made it out safe." The fire chief answers. "We're sorry about almost abandoning you in there. We asked everyone if there were more people and they said no."

     "That's understandable. It's a large building." You murmur, though still feeling the sting of almost being left behind.

     You pull Carter to the side and look at him. "Thank you for saving me, Carter. I would have died if it wasn't for you."

     He smiles at you. "You're welcome, Y/N. I couldn't have just left you in there to die. That's not who I am." He states.

     You wrap your arms around him and hug him. "No it's not." You say softly.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!