IMAGINE: Carter helping you get over amnesia

| IMAGINE for @cartergrayson6 |

The Power Rangers and you, the gold Ranger, are fighting Memorase, the crazed lunatic bent on wiping out the Power Rangers. You duck and roll behind a large cement median as a red blast from Memorase's staff flies past your head. Breathing hard, you look over your shoulder. You see Carter Grayson, the Red Ranger, across the street, crouched. Your boyfriend, as if sensing you're staring at him, looks at you. You both nod at each other. Carter jumps out from hiding, turning Memorase's attention onto him.

     You move out of hiding and run to the blue Ranger, Chad Lee. "We need to regroup and get out of here. He's way too powerful for us. If we stay here any longer, one of us is going to get seriously injured. We gotta get the Rangers out of here." He says to you.

     "I agree. We need to get to AquaBase ASAP." You reply. Chad and you split up, you heading to back up Carter and then to make a run for it. You look around. There's no sign of Carter or Memorase.

     "Carter?" You slowly walk towards the sound of fighting around the side of a building. You start to pass an alley when you hear Carter shout your name. You turn your back towards the alley and see Carter hiding behind a tree.

     "Run!" He screams. You start towards him and run straight into a blast from Memorase's staff—a blast that was meant for Carter. You scream in pain as you get flown into a side of a car and then land unconscious on the asphalt.

"Y/N!" Carter screams in horror. The rest of the Power Rangers come in for reinforcements as Carter crawls towards you, gasping. He pulls off his mask with shaky hands. "Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh." He breathes, turning you onto your back. He slowly pulls off your mask and a sob nearly escapes his mouth. Your face is bleeding badly and has cuts all over it. "Y/N." He cries, pulling you into his arms. His fingers press against your neck, desperate to find a pulse. He feels a small beat against his fingers and a sigh of relief swooshes out of him.

     "Y/N is badly injured! We need to get her out of here now!" Carter shouts to the Rangers.

     "Go, Carter! Take her to AquaBase! We'll meet you there!" Chad yells back as the Rangers fight off Memorase. Carter picks you up into his arms, your head lolling against his chest, and he runs off.

———

Carter sits in the medical bay at AquaBase. The doctors say you'll live and you should be all right, but Carter won't believe it until you wake up. He looks over at you who's in a bed. You look much better. They cleaned your face and stitched up the deep wounds.

     Carter straightens when he sees you flinch and jolt slightly in bed. "Y/N?" He asks worriedly, moving to sit beside you. He gently grabs your shoulders. "It's okay, Y/N. I'm here. I'm going to protect you." He murmurs.

     Your eyes fly open as you gasp. Your eyes widen and you move away from Carter as far as possible. "Who are you?" You ask fearfully.

     "Y/N, it's me Carter." He laughs.

     "I don't know you." You breathe.

     His smile drops and his eyebrows furrow. "What."

     "I've never seen you in my life." You state.

———

"And she doesn't remember anything?" Angela Fairweather, a scientist at AquaBase, asks. All of the Power Rangers look at Carter.

     "She doesn't remember me or the fact that she's the gold Ranger. But she remembers everyone else and everything else. Those are the only two things she's forgotten—me and her alter ego." Carter explains.