ii. the bet

HOMEWRECKER
(the bet)
" BET ON IT BET ON IT"

HOMEWRECKER(the bet) " BET ON IT BET ON IT"

*:・゚*:・゚

LUNCH WAS ALWAYS THE most stressful time, when you're the new kid, especially since everyone already have their established friend groups. 

standing out like a grown man in a ball pit, kira looks around for a place to sit, on her right were who she assumed were the cheerleaders, they were all extremely beautiful especially the red head that seemed to have sticked out the most, and then on her left were the football jocks and she noticed the guy she saw this morning was over there as well. 

walking around like a lost puppy, contemplating whether or not she should eat in her car or not she hears a voice, "KIRA OVER HERE!" 

turning around she sees betty sitting at her own table, with her own friends, making her way over there, she smiled. 

"hey betty"

"kira, this is kevin keller, the sheriffs son" the blonde said pointing to the guy sitting across from her. 

"hey" kira responds as she sits down next to betty awkwardly waving at him. 

"oh my god, i love your top is that-"

"chanel 1995 spring collection?" she said interrupting him, something she tends to do to people a lot. 

"yeah, my mom had it when she was young, theres only a few of these left now" 

"that's amazing, it looks great on your skin tone" he said, giving her a friendly smile. 

"thanks maybe i'll let you borrow it, but i dont think it'll fit" causing the three of them to laugh. 

time went on, and kira was really getting to know the two. she discovered that kevin was on the wrestling team and betty was a cheerleader and wrote for the schools newspaper, as she was eating her sandwich she spots a certain red head enter the scene. 

"holy shit who is that?" kira said nudging betty to get her attention

betty laughed, "oh thats archie andrews, my best friend" 

"why the fuck is he just a best friend, hes deadass a red headed ansel elgort with bushier eyebrows"

betty shrugged answering nonchalantly, "it didn't really workout, plus were both unavailable"

unavaliable? that would never stop me. 

"and hes straight" kevin added. 

kira smiled as she saw him turn his head to look over at their direction and the two made eye contact.

 it seemed like the world stopped, literally

but only for a split second till she saw his lips against someone else, veronica lodge. 

"let me guess? hes dating veronica lodge." 

"yeah, you know her kira?" 

"all too well kev" she said sternly, suddenly losing her appetite when she saw the two walk over to their table sitting on the other side of the table with kevin. 

"betty who's this?" his voice was deep and raspy but not too deep where it didnt match his voice.

oh god please destroy me

"i'm kira, and you are?" she said with a sly, not breaking eye contact with him. 

"archie andrews" he responded giving her a toothy grin, and for a second she forgot veronica was there and to her surprise, so did archie. 

"holy SHIT! kira fitzgerald?!" veronica exclaimed recognizing who she was. 

"hey v, its been so long" kira responded, giving her the fakest smile ever. 

"braceface you look so different, this is crazy it's like were in an episode of gossip girl!"

her smile declined. 

"yeah that's because i took them off" the brunnete said not amused as she takes a bite of her sandwich, "but it looks like you haven't changed a bit, angry bird" she said pointing in between her eyebrows, her lips forming a small smirk. 

"ooof " 

"hahaha still so funny ki, how was new york?" veronica asked trying to change the subject. 

"new york was great! until my dad got arrested and i was forced to move here"

"thats crazy, veronica went through the same thing last year" archie said, not connecting the dots. 

"what a coincidence, the universe is just funny like that sometimes archie" kira said packing her lunch. 

"kira where are you going?" betty asked, suspiciously, she was acting fine until veronica showed up. 

i guess that can happen when someone who destroyed your life pretends like nothing happened. 

"i lost my appetite" she responded, leaving without saying goodbye. 

not sure what to do now she heads to her car when she hears someone call for her from the cheerleading table

"NEW GIRL! COME SIT WITH US!" 

urgh great

kira smiling walking over as she sees the person who called for her smirk up at her. 

she was pale, but her vibrant red hair made her stand out.

"come, sit i promise we dont bite" the red head said as she points at the empty seat across from her. 

the brunnete sits across from her, waiting to see what she wanted, she knew this wasn't going to be a "get to know each other" conversation. 

"im cheryl blossom, handle is @cherylbombshell, captain of the river vixens and you are?" 

"kira fitzgerald"

"i couldn't help but overhear, actually no i can help it i just chose not to, but you and veronica seem to have a past? 

"yeah some stuff went down when she lived in new york" she answered slowly picking her words wisely. 

"what stuff ?" 

"cheryl, right? no offense but i dont really know you that well to be telling you my secrets" 

"makes sense, so lets get to know each other well, the river vixens are holding tryouts after school, you should totally try out" 

she thinks about it for a minute

"i'll think about it, but if you don't mind how long have archie and veronica been dating?"

"those two? its been like almost a year, they are attached to the hip, well lips to be more exact, not even the president can make archie leave veronica, hes tots hashtag obsessed" 

"sounds like youre trying to make a bet here, cheryl" kira said mischievously

"oooh chaos, im always in the mood for chaos"  

(AUTHORS NOTE) 

THIS CHAPTER IS SORT OF A FILLER CHAPTER BUT THANK U TO ALL THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN SUPPORTING THIS STORY CAUSE I REALLY SEE THE POTENTIAL AND NEW RIVERDALE EP TOMORROW EEEK!