teen

tysm for 1k!!
here's an awaited, longer chapter~
—————

after that situation got cleared up, taehyung turned off the kdrama and offered to go out. she agreed with that idea and proceeded outside. while strolling in the city and passing by many buildings, it was silent. but a nice silence.

taehyung was awed at the newest kinds of businesses going around. his eyes caught sight of a popular bakery that he's seen on commercials. "our cakes will leave you wanting more!", it said.

he looked on the other side of the street and spotted a simple pharmacy. through the windows, you could easily see a cute little family gathering around happily to celebrate their new business.

then, he saw it.

"jia! jia! let's go over there!"

he dragged the woman over to the corner of the street, where there was an average sized building with the words "PLAY, EAT, PLAY AGAIN" in big and colorful block letters. this place was well-known as an arcade, a.k.a, a casino for kids.

"an arcade? you're into this kind of thing, huh?"

"yup! quick, let's get inside!"

taehyung suddenly turned five years old again.

the tall kindergartner rushed jia to the doors, and instantly grew even more kiddy (if that was possible) at the sight of children running around with their parents and laughing with newly-found friends at the game machines. the whole room was bustling with kids having fun, teenagers enjoying their youth, even elderly seniors trying to control their grandchildren. it reminded him of his childhood, his happier times.

jia was amazed at the look on his face. his eyes were sparkling and his mouth was agape with awe.
get you a guy who looks at you like that, she thought to herself.

she made her way through the squirming shorties and to the change machine. she succeeded in obtaining two rolls of quarters and passed one to taehyung.

once it was in his hands, he hurriedly ripped off the paper securing the coins and trashed it. he lavished in the feel of the circular metal falling loosely in his hands.
[ a/n: chill tae it's just quarters ]

"jia, let's race!"

she nodded and unwrapped her quarters neatly while following taehyung to the car games. on the machines that the two wanted to play on, it was already occupied by a pair of immature middle schoolers.

the elders stood behind and watched as the girl and boy were about to finish up, but their words caught their total attention.

"fuck off, dude! i'm gonna win, bet. and when i do, i'm gonna post it on my insta story and tag you so you can relive your L again."
[ girl ]

"shut the fuck up, your short ass had to adjust the seat earlier to even reach the pedals."
[ boy ]

"how the fuck does that have to do with me beating your retarded ass?"
[ girl ]

"at least let me brag about something, filthy rat headass."
[ boy ]

this is the reason why jia wasn't too fond of kids. is this really how the youngsters talk nowadays? when jia was their age, she would get hit with a bamboo stick if she even mouthed the word 'stupid'.

taehyung, too, was shocked the most. he loved kids to death and was already planning on having five in the future, but this is too much. their foul language and offensive slang is what's making this society even worse. when he's going to be a father, he's going to raise his five children to be smarter than these two brats.