CIGARETTE 7

CIGARETTE 7

It's warm and dark. My head is pounding and the unfamiliar scent fills my nostrils.

It's comfortable and it feels good. I'm not in my bed. The sheets smell differently, but it's a good type of different.

They smell like fresh body wash and men's perfume. I liked it.

My body tenses, but I cannot stop feeling relaxed, even with the headache hammering my head.

I want to open my eyes, but at the same time I don't go back to reality. Not just yet.

I know once I open them, questions will start being shot and worries will fill my body up.

I just want to enjoy the peace these warm sheets​ and sweet scent are giving me.

I pull the sheets up to my nose and snuggle my body. It's so warm and comfy here, I never want to leave this bed ever again.

But what bed is this?

The questions start.

No, I don't want to start questioning myself about things that will make me concern in the future.

I just want to enjoy this peace that I haven't felt for a long time.

Involuntarily, my eyes open slowly and I'm met with unfamiliar surroundings. My eyes dance around the room and I take notice that I have no idea where I am.

On the walls, hang lazily band posters, the room looks messy with pieces of clothes spread through the floor.

The light coming from the half-closed blinds is enough to see the room.

The side of the bed is against the wall with a window above and on the wall across is a the bedroom's door, with a wardrobe beside it.

I look over the end of the bed and in the left corner of the room there's a easel set with an unfinished painting on it. Besides the easel, set against the wall in the middle, is a desk with a lot of things across the surface.

My eyes land now on my right side. On the bedside table there's a lamp, a glass of juice and tablets along with a note and beside it there's a chest of drawers.

I sit up, leaning my back on the wall, this bed doesn't have a headboard, and take the note from the table.

If you wake up and don't see me in the living room, don't worry, it’s because I went to buy us some breakfast. Take the tablets and drink the juice, it will ease your headache. I'll be home soon
-M xx

Now reality hits me right in the head. The party, Ashton, Michael.

I just remember fragments from last night.

I remember Ashton leaving me, I remember talking to Michael.

I remember leaving with him and going to an Uber.

I'm in Michael's house.

Ashton.

I quickly swallow the tablets along with the orange juice and get up from the bed in a jump. Noticing I'm pantless, my cheeks turn red, my body heating up. I don't remember taking off my pants.