Questions without anwsers

Luckily, by the time Nino and Marinette found Alya and Adrien, they had finished talking about secrets to be kept.

Nino seemed suspicious. "What ya doin' back here guys

"Nothing much," Alya lied. "Adrien was just reading some description cards for me."

"Descriptions about pottery?" He quirked an eyebrow.

Alya hadn't noticed that they had moved out of the miraculous exhibit when they hid, to a much less interesting section on prehistoric pottery.

"Yeah," She said. "The pottery is actually pretty interesting." She smiled warmly.

Alya knew that she could be a very convincing liar. She hated doing it; it felt like she was using people to get what she wanted. But this secret was too big to tell anyone. Nino was better off not knowing- even if it hurt her to lie to him.

Adrien pointed to an old, sculpted tea pot. "This is from the Tang Dynasty."

Nino laughed "That's great, man."

Marinette, who had been looking especially small behind Nino, spoke up. "We should probably get going. We're supposed to be back at the bus in ten minutes, and the museum is pretty big."

The four of them walked back towards the lobby of the Museum. Boys walked in front while Alya and Marinette drifted behind them a bit.

Marinette tuned to Alya. "Is there something going on with you and Adrien?" Her voice was soft and melancholy.

Alya felt her little heart break. Did Marinette think Alya and Adrien had a thing? Like a romantic thing?

"Of course not!" Alya struggled to keep her voice low, not to bring the attention from the boys in front of them. "I would never go after a friends crush- That's like the biggest rule in the code! I'm with Nino!"

Marinette tucked her hair behind her ear, and looked at her feet. "Your right, I'm sorry for doubting you, but there is something going on right?"

"Yeah." Alya sighed. "It's about his dad."

Marinette nodded. "Oh, okay." She didn't ask more on the subject.

It hurt to lie to her friend but it was better than her thinking she was with her crush. And there was no way Alya could tell her that Adrien was Chat Noir.

The class loaded onto the bus as Mrs. Bustier did a headcount. Unfortunately this bus wasn't as nice as the one they had taken to the hotel; it was just a plain school bus.

"Three to a seat!" Mrs. Bustier yelled towards the back of the bus.

Alya, Nino, Adrien and Marinette paused; one of them was going to have to sit apart from the others. Alya froze, hoping that if she didn't move, they wouldn't choose her.

Chloe latched on to Adrien's arm. "Adrikins can sit with me and Sabrina!" Sabrina stood behind her, holding Chloe's huge bags from the gift shop.

Adrien looked back to his friends in a silent, desperate plea for help.

Nino smirked and shrugged. "Hang in there, man."

Mrs. Bustier Called back again. "Sit down, we have to get moving."

The teens complied, with various levels of enthusiasm. Marinette scowled and held her hands in fists, unhappy that Adrien couldn't sit with them. Sabrina hovered for a bit, deciding where to put the bags, until she gave up and placed them, beside Rose and Juleka.