Chapter 12

You slowly opened your eyes as you woke up from the chirping of the birds. You stared up at the sky and it was still slightly dark, but from the bright glow from the east, the sun was about to rise. You suddenly felt Obi's arms tighten around you as he groaned and buried his face at the crook of your neck.
"O-Obi..." You whispered, tapping on his arm.

"Hmm...?"
"It's morning... W-We should go..."
"Too early- oh!"
Obi had finally opened his eyes and quickly released you from his arms. You kept looking away from him, hoping that the blush on your face would disappear.
"You sure are comfortable to lean on, (y/n)," Obi chuckled lightly as he stood up. "Shall we head out?"

You nodded your head still turned away from him. Obi untied your horse and handed you the reins. He held out his hand and once again helped you up on the horse. He covered the firewood with snow and then got on his horse.
"Ready?" he asked, smiling.
"Ready!"

The two of you continued your journey to the North. After a couple of hours of riding, Obi rode up beside you to get your attention.
"Where are we going anyways?" he asked.
"Aishi City in the north!" You yelled back. "The city of..."
"What??" Obi shouted, not hearing the last part.
You slowed your horse as you reached a brick path towards the entrance of the city. Obi stopped beside you at the entrance and the two of you looked up at the sign on the arch.
"Aishi City," you say.

"The city of..." Obi sweatdropped. "Love...?"
He looked at you in amusement.
"Where did Master send us?" Obi laughed.
"Who knows? Ask him yourself when we return..." You sighed.
The two of you brought your horses to the journeymen's stables and decided to explore the city.
"Ever been here?" Obi asked, looking around.
"Nope. You?"

"Nope. Especially if the town is called 'The City of Love'..." Obi chuckled.
"I figured as much," you laughed.
As the two of you approached the center of the city, an older lady stopped you in your steps. You and Obi exchanged looks and then stared at the elderly lady.
"My my, you two look new," she says. "Are you a couple?"
"E-Eh??" You cried, looking at Obi. "Well, n-"
Obi covered your mouth.

"We are a couple!" He smiled innocently.
You gave him a look of disbelief. What was he saying? He turned your head so you could see the elderly woman's expression. She was staring at the two of you suspiciously. You sweatdropped.

"Err.. Uh.. Yes," you say, grabbing Obi's arm and turning bright red. "We are a couple!"
"Really? It doesn't seem like it," she eyed you intently. "Let's see you two kiss."
You and Obi gaped at her in shock. What is this old lady saying?
"Wa-Wait a minute, ma'am. We don't believe in Public Display of Affection..." 
"But if you are in love, it wouldn't matter," she replied nonchalantly.
"But-"
"(y/n), come here," Obi says, pulling on your waist and turning you towards him.
"Eh?"
"We can't get away from her if we don't do what she says," he whispered.
"But-"
"It's fine."
"It's my first kiss!"
"Mine too," he mumbled, slightly blushing.

He cupped your face in his hands and slightly caressed it as he leaned in closer. You felt your face warm up as if it was about to let out steam. Obi blinked at you.
"Close your eyes!" he demanded, embarrassed.
"O-Okay," you say, closing your eyes.

Next thing you knew, you felt Obi's warm lips against your own. You felt him slightly part yours to deepen the kiss. After a few seconds, Obi broke away blushing and slightly panting. You also tried to catch your breath, your face bright red, before turning to the old lady. She grinned at you.
"Oh how nice! Young romance blooming. You two make a wonderful looking couple," she tells you before walking away.
Once she was gone, you let out a sigh as you leaned against Obi.
"What a crazy old lady," You mumbled.
"Your lips are nice," smiled Obi.

You to him and noticed the slight blush on his cheeks. He was avoiding eye contact though. You giggled.
"Did it make your heart beat faster?" You ask jokingly.
Obi stared at you as if you read his mind.
"E-Eh?" You blushed in astonishment.