Chapter 8

The club is already quite full so I'm positive not everyone will be allowed in. We look around the tables and notice a few fliers with tonight's lineup of bands. I skip through the first three and then spot the last two. The BAND' and then Black paint. Being last usually means being the most anticipated and the most...liked. Crap. I'd better find Ben, he's going to be angry... and I'd better find him quick before he blows his performance and decides to drink.

-Hey girls, can you mingle without me? Get us some drinks or something, I need to find my brother.

Megan and Jennifer nod and head over to the bar. I make my way through the crowd and head straight for backstage. The light in the room is a bit brighter than the club and I squint my eyes to adjust slightly. The bands are already here and preparing. My eyes immediately land on Adrian in the center of the room and his eyes land on me. His hair is ruffled; he has black piercings in his ears, a white loose t-shirt with rips in it and dark green pants with black combat boots. He's wearing black smudged eyeliner and looks so amazing that I feel like I am looking at him for the first time.

I'm reminded by my subconscious that I came for my brother. I turn on my heel and walk towards his band on the left.

-Hey guys, everything all right? - They turn to me and smile.

-Yeah. Why wouldn't it be? – Ben asks looking at his notes. Okay, so I totally overestimated his reaction.

-I don't know... maybe cause you're playing before you know who.- I inconspicuously turn my head in their direction.

My brother stands up and hugs me tightly only to whisper in my ear: "After he sees you sing wearing this he won't be so confident on stage."

I push him back and glare.

-So you're using me to make him distracted? You don't want to win your fans over by playing better? Are you no better than that?

Joo Woo shrugs.

-Nope. We can use whatever dirty tricks we want. We have sexy little Hannah as our advantage. You don't know the impact you have on the male population, do you?-he says.

-Besides they're already distracted. Mr. Vocalist over there has been staring at you ever since you entered. I think he forgot how to blink.-Chloe lazily smiles and trails a hand over my belly.

-Oh for fuck's sake! That's totally not true. - I turned towards Black paint and they are casually talking and drinking something. –I should just up and leave you for this stunt.

-Hey you wouldn't do that, you love your little brother Bennie too much. - my devil's spawn of a brother winks at me confidently.

-I should disown you. Ugh... I should have seen this coming when you put those leather hot pants on my bed to wear.-I throw up my hands in the air exasperated.- Okay, I'm leaving you evil plotters until the performance.

I stomp away towards the door quickly before looking back. I'm not very happy with my brother using me just for looks. He's not that bad of a singer... ugh... I'm already thinking up ways to get back at him- maybe I'll cook my fish stew for him tomorrow as revenge- he hates that.

I continue walking confidently, getting looks from guys as I go. I'm used to it, so I don't react. I see Jennifer drinking something at a table and Megan is a bit closer to the bar flirting with the barkeeper.

-Hey! Didn't get lonely, did you?

Jennifer notices me and smiles.

-No, of course not. I've got Mr.Tequilla to keep me company. - Jennifer lifts the shot into the air and gulps it in one go. I frown looking between her and the glass.