CHAPTER 3 THE GARDENER

“What are their names?” 

“I don’t know. I forgot to ask.” I threw myself on my bed and tried my best to ignore Shari. The moment I arrive, she bombarded me with questions and I was stupid enough to mention the three new men I met earlier. She badly wanted to know their names that it went to the point that she knelt in front of me begging for their names. 

“Describe them to me.” Shari urged. 

“Why?” 

“I’m curious.” 

I rolled my eyes. Urgh! What am I thinking when I told Shari that I met three new men? I knew better than to tell those things to her! Her interest in men is insufferable! She wanted to know all the men here in the castle and if she found someone whom she thinks is the love of her life, she will do everything to have him.      

She is not a promiscuous woman but she is not a proper woman either. She just has a paramount interest in men. And as far as I could tell, men have interest in her too. Her sexy body and long blond hair with tiny curls are enough to drive them crazy.      

“Fine. The first guy has warm eyes, the second has piercing eyes, and the last has mesmerizing eyes.” I waited for her reaction but he seemed to be expecting for more details. “That’s all, Shari. That is all I could remember.” 

“That’s all? Just their eyes?” 

I waved my hand impatiently. “You know me. I don’t give a damn on other things like their lips or nose or their body… just their eyes.”

I am a big fan of eyes. All my past crushes have beautiful eye color and shape. I do not care if he’s dark or white, tall or short or whatever their appearance is as long as they beautiful eyes. Maybe the reason why I have this deep fascination with eyes is because my eyes are too dark which I find dreary.   

“Are they handsome?” asked impatiently.

“No.” 

“Tall?” 

“Yes.” 

“I hate you, Yarely Lakeisha Blues! I need their names!” she shouted and threw her pillows at my face which I unsuccessfully dodged. 

“What’s with the name, Shari?” I shouted back and threw the pillow outside the room making Shari curse. “I did not bother to ask for their names because I am not interested. Now, if you really want to know their names then go outside and start looking for them! Or maybe ask Murray because one of them is our new gardener!” 

“I could hear your voices outside the room,” Quincy cut in and kicked the pillows I threw making Shari angrier. “You’re lucky Murray is not around. Are the two of you quarrelling again because Ely saw a handsome man and did not bother to ask for his name?” 

“Quincyyyyyyy! She met three handsome men and she did not even bother to ask their names!” She arched his left brow as Quincy started to kick the second pillow. “In case you do not know, that is my pillow that Ely threw unceremoniously so if you kick that one again – making it dirtier – I will put your pillow in the toilet bowl.” 

Quincy smiled and moved away from the pillow. “Ooooops, sorry.”

“I said they’re not handsome,” I told Quincy to defend myself. 

Right? 

“You don’t even know what handsome means,” Shari murmured. 

“There you go, Shari. She said they are not handsome so move on.”