Bloody Wedding: KATIE

"Please tell me that's going to be us one day."

The tip of his chin laid on Katie's shoulder, pressing down slightly. Her chin was held up high, it was pointing to the right as she stared at the lace white dress on a slim body and an ironed black suit on a broad one. She was unable to understand or feel the emotions running through the individuals, and she wondered, what if she could? Things would be so different.

"Of course, Ellis. If everything goes right."

She knew without looking that Ellis had his brows furrowed, his lower lip sticking out slightly, something he did in habit when he was confused. A smirk landed on her face, it gave her a thrill to know that he had no idea what would be happening later that night.

**

Katie blankly looked at the pile of crimson liquid in front of her, there was some on her hands that she very slowly spread across her lips, a drop of it sliding down her neck and into her cleavage. Her legs were crossed and slightly pricking at each other, indicating that she needed to shave again sometime soon. The thought made her sigh with annoyance, everything about this night made her sigh with annoyance, she had been sighing for hours.

Earlier that night, Ellis had walked through the door of her apartment with his charming grin. For a slight second, he looked around nervously, checking to see if any of her roommates were around. There was an uncomfortable situation a few days earlier. It involved one of the girls walking in on a heated scene between them, ever since then, Ellis had been a little hesitant around her girlfriends.

Katie scanned her lover from his head to his toes, savoring his dignified, rugged look. He looked delicious, and she was eager to get on with the part of the night that involved turned sweet, sticky sweat into sweet, sticky blood. Her recently manicured hand slowly pulled down the silk strap of her pink nightgown, an invitation. But not the one Ellis was thinking of. It was an invitation of death.

That's how the night began.

The rest was just a process that Katie went through every few weeks when it was the last night with one of her lovers. Passion, climax, calmness, and then chaos. The rainbow always came before the rain. A trick. A disguise. The night ended with Katie covered with the blood of her lovers, gracefully sitting on her armchair made out of pink velvet. Her mind was usually full of flashbacks of a little Katie, her hands pulling back a curtain, a sensual, disgusting act of heat by the person she called her Father and the gut wrenching betrayal she felt after that which has never really one away. It stays there, in the pit of her stomach, spreading to her head and changing the reality in front of her eyes where instead of her lover, she sees him.

And as always, the night would not be complete without a bottle of her precious pinot noir.

Katie sighed once again, deciding to officially call it a night. She slowly stood up and paddled upstairs, not before softly nudging Ellis' cold, pale arm with her foot. 'Rest in peace, my love', she thought, 'The woman you were playing, played you.'