Chapter 11: Whiplash

.:.Karolina's POV.:.

I couldn't help my mind from wandering back to that night.

I leaned in, almost kissing Brad. Oh how badly I wanted to, but those words. He said as he backed away, left me in awe.

It would explian how distant he was yesterday before and after school. 

I shook the thoughts out of my head, thinking I was just going through some denial phase. I mean, I was still getting over my stupid crush over Scott. 

From the bottom of the steps I could hear my mother calling my name, asking me if I was ready for dinner to which I replied I wasn't in the mood. As her steps faded, a huff left my lips as I  placed the pillow over my face and screamed into it.

I tossed it aside and recovered, finally swiping my hand over my face, removing the messy strands out of the way.

Sitting up from the mattress, I walked into the hall, running into Brad. His eyes met mine for a moment before his eyes diverted to the wall. He walked along the hall, slowing as I called his name quietly.

I wanted to know why he acted the way he did yesterday when we were alone in the car. And how he acted when Scott stopped by at my house. That was strange to, the way his demeanor changed in seconds. And suddenly how he was so nice again at the school cafe.

I had to know.

"Brad." I said again, this time earning his attention.

"What's up Kar." He said after a sigh left his lips.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, my arms crossed over my chest.

"What are you talking about." He stated bluntly, unaware of my intentions.

"You're making my head spin. One day, you're extremely sweet and the next you ignore me. You'll be okay and talk to me and comfort me, and then you ignore me again. What is with that... You're giving me whiplash. It'slike you're trying to keep yourself away from me now. I don't get that." I admitted, hurt by the way he was acting towards me recently. It was cold, something I never experienced from him, not until now.

He scuffled with his hair in anger and walked gingerly back into his room.

I don't exactly know what I did wrong or why he was like this, but I needed to know, with the reaction he just gave me.

"Brad. I, I don't know what I did to make you dislike me, if that's what is happening..." I replied, setting next to him on the edge of his bed. I placed my hand over his, Brad immediately pulling his away to stand up and furiously pace the carpeted floor.

"That the exact opposite of what I think. I could never dislike you." He said, his features softening, though he was still in his angered state. 

"Damnit." He said, running a hand through his hair.

"I don't get why you tried with him. I don't get why you can't get over him. I just don't get it." He said.

"I really don't understand what you mean. I-" He cu me off.

"He was blind. Someone like you shouldn't ever be treated the way he did to you."

"I know I was stupid." I said, leaning back for my back to lightly thump against the wall. A sigh fell from my parted lips as I brushed a piece of hair away from my eyes.

"You still are." Brad said, standing in front of me. Confused I looked up, angry that he had called me that, but before I had anytime to react, his hand pulled me close by the waist, the other gently cupping  my cheek and bringing my lips to his.

My head spun, the smell of his signature cologne filling my senses,

He pulled away, bringing his lip between his teeth as he bit down, a slightly seductive but innocent look in his eyes. Still shocked, no words left my mouth. I avoided eye contact as much a possible, not expecting something like this to happen. If anything, I expected a full out brawl, followed by me probably crying myself to sleep.

But this was a far cry from my expectations.

His thumb caressed my cheek before he stepped back a bit, leaving me space to catch my breath. I scurried away and into my room, locking the door. I slummed to the floor, back against the wood door, my fingers retracing the feeling the still ignited from his touch.

A knock reverberated around my room, again once more before I heard the sound of Brad's door shut.

****

The next morning I descended from the stairs, ready to leave when my mom called me into the kitchen. 

"Your father took Brad to school on the way to work. Brad has some extra work to do." She explained.

I sighed and got my things before heading out. 

Classes dragged on, the only thoughts through my mind were of Brad's lips against mine. The spark of electricity I felt in my body. The nerves flying everywhere.

I walked over to the school cafe, our usual hangout at this time. Okay, it wasn't our usual, but it was becoming so, since I found them to be here often. Brad had already been sitting at the table alongside Scott, Jo, and a few others.

I could spot them through the glass door,my heart pounding. This never really happened when I was around him. It was a first and honestly, I was terrified. 

Nervously I pried the door open, shuffling my way to the table. I set my bag down. Seeing Jo and Scott didn't bother me. it felt different, I could say. Seeing them together, it was like it didn't matter all that much anymore. 

I could feel Brad's eyes intently on me.

"Hey." Jo greeted me. I waved at them, keeping quiet.

"Sorry, we didn't wait. We got hungry." Scott admitted, finishing up the last of his pasta.

"No biggie, I brought food today." I smiled, pulling my food from my bag.

I set things out of the lunch bag, I tried at all costs to avoid his eyes. Anything but his eyes. I could feel it, like they were piercing my anytime he looked.

As I took a bite of my sandwich, Jo caught my attention.

"You speak at all today? Come on Karolina." She joked. I scrunched my nose and stuck my tongue out at her, mockingly to which she did the same. We laughed before I went back to avoidance. It was hard though, to avoid his cute brown eyes and that cheeky smile he always did. 

Chewing slowly, I looked up from my sandwich, seeing he was just fiddling with his fingers, eyes on his hands now. His fingers tapped at the table, his eyes slowly coming up to meet mine.

I looked away, hoping he hadn't seen that I was staring but he knew. A chuckle left his lips, unheard by the rest of the group. But it was audible to me, more so that it was only meant for me.

My eyes slowly met his again, a faint smile playing on his lips now. I smirked, knowing that it would eventually have come to this. But I couldn't say I regretted making eye contact with him finally. I loved looking at his eyes, my favorite thing about him.

© 2013 ILLUKEMINATTl. All Rights Reserved.

___________________________

Hello!

Sorry there haven't bee updates. School is really draining me. I need to bring my human anatoy and physiology grade up since I can't fail. I've been focusing on school so that's why I haven't been writing.

But this week is Spring Break so I'll try and update as much as I can. Ihope you guys aren't mad.

I hope you liked this chapter. :)

COMMENT, VOTE, FAN and such.

FOLLOW MY TWITTER: @illukeminattL :-*

~Alyssa