Chapter 10

*unedited.*

"Elizebeth." I heard Brandon call me. I turned around to see him all dressed and beside him sat a luggage. Was he leaving me?. My heart rate picked up and sweat formed on my forehead.

"Yes?." I questioned eyeing his luggage unintentionally.

"I have to leave, urgently." He said and kept looking at me strangely.

"Why?." I asked him. Suddenly feeling out of breathe.

"My uncle had a heart attack. I have to be there. He's in a serious condition." He said and walked towards me and hugged me. I closed my eyes, keep holding me. My inner voice whispered. I could feel tears forming in my eyes. I wanted to stop him. To tightened my arms around him. But I can't, can't stop him, I didn't had that kind of right. I never had and never will. I tried telling my heart, which was badly hurting.

"Take care of yourself." He said planting a kiss on my forehead. Why do you care?! , I screamed internally. "And take care of my son too." He placed his warm hand on my stomach.

"It might be a girl Brandon." I whispered and he looked up. Right in my eyes before whispered.

"It's not. I know it Beth." He whispered back and then dipped his head and captured my lips in a passionate Kiss. A kiss that felt full of emotions. that I had never felt. The way he moved his lips over me was something that I can't explain. It was just pure bliss.

"Come soon." I whispered while panting as he pulled back.

"I will." He whispered before kissing me one last time and then he left. Left me there panting and while tears escaped my eyes and I fell on my knees. I already miss him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's been 3 months. Three months since I have last seen him and exactly 2 months and few days since I last heard his voice. He didn't came back. He said he will but he didn't. In the start he use to call. Telling me about his uncle's condition and stuff but after that his calls stopped to a mere hello and how are you and soon he stopped calling and since then the only way to see how he was, was a girl named Maria Baur's Instagram and news channels that showed his huge pictures with his mom and Maria. Happy smiling at the camera. Lovingly pulling the girl at his side. Saying that it didn't bothered me would be a lie. It did. More that just bother. He was the father of my child and my... husband. He should have been here. To see his pregnant wife and still growing son. Son? Did I just said son?, it can be a daughter too. Stop remembering his words Elizabeth!. I scolded my self while wiping away the tears. He wasn't worth all these tears that I wasted every night after seeing his picture. I brushed my wet hair back and closed my phone. "It's okay. We are going to be fine. Fine without him." I whispered to my baby while running my palm over my stomach.

xxxxxxxxxxx

It's been 5 months since I have seen him and my baby is 6 and half months now. The doctor showed me his pictures, he's adorable. The doctors asked me if I wanted to know the gender but how could I? Was I that brave? No I wasn't. I drove the car towards Stacey's house to show her the picture and meet Ethan, Stacey's adorable son. I entered her house and dropped my keys on the table. "Stacey." I yelled and walked towards the kitchen. She wasn't there. I walked towards the nursery but neither Ethan nor Stacey were there. I came down and bumped into Mille. Her maid.

"Where Stacey?." I asked her and she told me that she's in the backyard with Ethan.

"Okay thanks." I told her and went there. As I was near enough I heard voices.

"I am happy that you have realized your mistake." I heard Stacey say. I pushed the glass door open and walked out,

"so will you help me?." I heard a make voice. It was familiar.

"Of course." I heard her say as I approached them. A man was sitting in the bench front of me. With his back towards me and stacey was Sitting on the opposite bench at some distance.

"Ohh Lizzie is here." She said standing up with Ethan in her arms.

"Hi." I said and the man turned around. My breath completely stopped. My eyes widened. Am I hallucinating again? I asked myself and looked at stacey who had a smile on her face and then again at Brandon, was he really here? After fantasising about how he will come soon so many times, I couldn't understand if it was real or one of my fantasies.

"Brandon." I whispered completely shocked. He smiled at me. Why was he smiling? What was there to smile? He looked at my perfectly round belly then and his smile widened,

"looks like my son has grown a lot." He said and walked towards me. I wanted to stop him. Tell him to go away. But I knew deep down that I couldn't. "How are you?." He asked pulling me into a hug. Which I couldn't reciprocate.

"It's almost lunch. I shall see if the table is set." Stacey said and excused herself before leaving us alone.

"I am good." I said and pulled back. He nodded his head and shoved his hands inside his pockets.

"You look beautiful." He said and I wished he never said that. Why now? Why after we are so apart?

"Thank you. Let's go inside." I said and turned around to walk away but he took hold of my arm and pulled me towards him. "You can do better than that." He said and started leaning his face in. But I lightly pushed him away and he thankfully didn't said anything further. So I walked inside.

xxxxxxxxxxx