Part One: Prologue

Running, I only hear my heart beat a thousand. Hard to think. I don't know what's going on. I can't see other than the red flames engulfing everything in sight. I continue to run. Don't know what I'm being chased by, but I know it's there. It, it sounds like a hollow voice. Like that of a zombie. But it's not a zombie... What is it?

.....................

I shot awake. I then realized I was in my bed. I sighed, "Oh what the heck. It's just a dream..." I pulled myself out of my bed and strode to my window. I spread the curtains and the light of the black sun was dull as always. I took up my combat boots and a light grey tank. My cargo pants were already on. They were a brown ombre, and had black designs spread all over.

Groaning, I grabbed my null-180; a gun that shoots at a 180 degree angled arch with chemical lasers. Some like to use radioactive wave lasers, but I prefer plutonium. I then picked up my satchel, plutonium and radioactive bullet-belt, and went out the door.

I looked around cautiously, in case there were any assassins or those freakish things I saw in my dream. Nope. "Well. I should search there for any signs of human life." I had already pulled out a map from my leather bag, and was now examining it. I pointed my finger at a blank area. There wasn't anything there because this map was in the making. Of course, I made it myself.

Our world is corrupt. My once beautiful home planet, taken by aliens when I was born, was now a danger to all humans. I am the last 13-year-old boy. The last of my bloodline. The last of the American race. I wish my father was here, but he was assassinated long ago in Minnesota. While I've lived my life alone in this abandoned neighborhood, I've learned some things.

1. Never wander at night.

2. Don't trust anyone.

3. Keep your eyes peeled.

4. Keep your weapons close and ready for use.

...and 5.

Beware of the beasts.