Sixty Four

Emily-

"So, are we really doing this?" Blake asks me, holding my hand. "I guess so," I smile. Blake starts the engine of the jeep and backs up out of the driveway.

"Hey!" Hunter yells, running from his house towards us. We speed off down the road as Hunter follows us. "Okay, Blake. I think he's had enough," I laugh.

Blake stops on the side of the road and we let Hunter catch up to us. "You two," -panting- "are horrible humans." Hunter climbs into the back seat and Blake speeds off again.

"So, Miss Emily, are you deciding to stay with us until school starts up again?" Hunter asks. I look at Blake, trying not to blush and he smiles as he watches the road.

"Um, I guess I could," I say. Blake moves his hand to mine and interlocks his fingers. "Okay, hold on. You two are back together?" Blake and I nod. "That quick?" I laugh a little and turn to look at Hunter.

"Are you jealous?" I smirk. "No, just lonely," he pouts. I turn back around and turn the nob for the radio volume. Symphony by Clean Bandit comes on, which is my new favorite song ever.

Hunter throws his hands up in the wind as we cruise down the highway to Cali. "Let's go!" Hunter yells. I look at Blake and watch as his eyes shift around. They look at me quickly before going back to the road.

I smile and do my best to lean over towards him. He laughs at my efforts and I sit back up. "I've definitely missed your weirdness," Blake laughs. I smile and look back at Hunter who's fake gagging.

"Shut up, child," I say, looking at him in the mirror. He sticks his tongue out and I gasp. "That's it: you're grounded," I say, but he holds his tongue out. "Hunter Bryce Rowland, so help me God, put that tongue of yours back in your mouth you disrespectful child," Blake scolds.

Sheepishly, Hunter slowly pulls his tongue back into his mouth through his lips. "Ooh, Blake, that was very assertive," I smirk. "The child was being disrespectful," he states. I laugh a little and hold up our hands to my lips, kissing his hand.

"I'm hungry, I need to pee, I'm thirsty!" Hunter whines. "Hunter, we have another half hour, could you wait?" Blake asks. "Nope," Hunter says, making Blake sigh. "Fine." We pull off the highway into a rest area and park the car.

I hop out and Hunter's already running through the door. "Well, someone obviously didn't go before we left," Blake says, coming in front of me and trapping me between the car and him. He leans down and softly pecks my lips. He puts his arms on either side of me. I pull him closer to me with my arms wrapped around him.

"Get a room!" Someone yells, making me jump back, hitting my head on the Jeep. "Ow," I mutter. "Are you okay?" Blake asks, sweetly. He gently places his hands on my cheeks, holding my head up. I stick my tongue out a little before sticking it back in. "Such a baby," Blake smirks. I roll my eyes and push him away. Hunter runs back out and jumps in the back with ease. "Lets go!" Hunter yells, spreading himself out in the back seat.