| CHAPTER SEVEN |

—

As the corporate heir paced back and forth across the hospital's hallway, having a quick call with his father during his visit to Driver Kim the next morning, his anger, albeit nonchalant in his voice, was evident in his eyes. "I thought we agreed to let me marry whom I'd like, when I'd like."

[Y/N] didn't mean to eavesdrop. She arrived to the hospital a few minutes after Jumin Han, but if she knew he was there prior to entering the elevator, she would have come a little later to purposefully avoid him. Then, once she did see him, [Y/N] hid herself behind a cart of those gowns and gloves that visitors wear for some patients. She heard the conversation, but just barely.

"I thought you had learned after the Sarah incident..." Jumin Han looked stressed. His fingers massaged his temples as the unknown caller continued to talk. "I am not interested."

[Y/N] watched, more intrigued by the topic now than before. What was the 'Sarah Incident'? She wondered if that was his ex-girlfriend, the one who murdered his cat and left him for his friend ([Y/N] did some research on him the night before because she was curious). But then she remembered that the ex-girlfriend's name started with an M—definitely not Sarah. So who was this new girl? Another ex?

As she leaned even closer to hear more about the so-called 'incident', her elbow accidentally slipped on the cart, and she fell forward. The clutter and her loud stumble drew everyone's attention towards her, including Jumin Han's, the person she was spying on.

"Miss [Y/N]?"

She frantically tried to pick up all of the supplies that fell from the cart, avoiding his gaze and ignoring the fact that she ever saw him. He stared at her for a moment before remembering that he was on the phone and returned to his conversation. "Please don't make such assumptions. She is simply someone I know..."

[Y/N]'s eyes glanced over to him once his attention was back on the caller. She slowly moved away, wanting to escape before any other embarrassing things happened in his presence. Before she could get very far, though, Jumin Han said something to stop her in her tracks. "Please don't mention her... Or Elizabeth the Third. Please."

Usually she would avoid listening to conversations or tuning in to gossip (her mother, though, was the queen of gossip), but just this once, her curiosity overtook her usual respect for others' privacy.

But then, the phone call ended with absolutely nothing learned. Not a single juicy detail about his life. She turned to leave and finally visit her father's hospital room, but Jumin's deep voice stopped her in her tracks. "Miss [Y/N]."

She turned around, caught, and gave him a small wave. "Hey, Mr. Han." There was no denying her eavesdropping. His dark eyes narrowed, almost glaring at her. She forced a chuckle. "Everything okay?"