Chapter Fifteen

"You do not just enter someone's quarters without asking!" "You are my fiancé we share the same quarters when I please." I huffed at him and he had no expression on his face. "You will not-" I started heading towards the bathroom as he stomped his foot at me. "Do not walk away from me!" "I will walk away when I please!" I continued on into the bathroom. Suddenly his hands were around my waist and he threw me over his shoulder. "Let me down!" "No. You've wanted to see what the third floor of this house was so let's go." He continued out of my room and headed towards the spiral stairs that sparked my curiosity so many times. We didn't even stop at the stairs but went on up them and the light went away the further up we continued. He stopped walking as I heard him unlocking an unknown door. I could feel the bitter cold from the room coming out. "Brian where are you taking me?" "You will see." He put me down and placed his hand over my eyes so I couldn't see. "Walk." "No. I want to be able to see what I'm walking into." "Will you do as I say for once?" I sighed, "Fine." I walked into the unknown and my body shook with fear. "Stop." I did as he said and I heard him lock the door in behind me. "When I uncover your eyes you will say nothing okay?" "Brian wh-" "Just do as I say please." "Okay." He slowly uncovered my eyes and the room was pitch black. There was a light way over in the corner but not enough to illuminate the room. "Say nothing." I sighed and rubbed my shoulders as he disappeared. Great you're in love with a crazy person. The lights suddenly came on and I fell to my knees...
*****
"Claire wake up!" Brian was over me as I blinked my eyes. "Where am I?" I looked over and covered my eyes.. "Brian what is this?" "I know we didn't get the best start in life, but I do want to be here with you right now." "Xavier is going to be in our house?!" "I thought this would be a good surprise." "No it's not and I'm half naked to add!" "I don't think he cares about that Claire." I rose off the floor and headed straight to the door. I didn't want to be in a house where that back stabber was going to be. "Please wait Clair. Look I know I didn't ask your permission before doing this, but I honestly thought you'd be happy that he's trying and that he wants to see you." "He betrayed my mother and I by leaving us. Yet you think that I could possibly instantaneously forgive him without doubt. How stupid are you Brian?!" I grabbed the key leaving the room angry. I shut the door heading down the stairs. "Everything okay Miss Xena?" "Yes miss Georgia you may continue what you were doing. I'm sorry if I alarmed you." She nodded and I headed down into the kitchen to see what would satisfy the hunger rumbling in my stomach. "Well Miss Xena looks like the babies are starting to show more appropriately now!" I giggled, "Thank you Abigail. I'm trying my best to deal with it but I mean I am starting to bulge just a tad." "Isn't that a good thing in the end though?" "Technically yes. I just am not really looking forward to the part of getting very huge. I hate looking like I'm so large." "I can understand where you're coming from. Just enjoy the moment of being blessed to birth children though. So many do not get that chance. Treasure that and hold on to that." I noticed something settle across her and Maxwell both seemed a bit saddened after the conversation. Could it be they have tried and not been able to conceive? I yawned and Abigail giggled. "So, what would you like to eat miss?" "Just some buttered toast and 3 pieces of crispy bacon will do." "Coming right up!" I couldn't help but be amazed how the two of them moved in unison with one another where he would move she would take over and it just looked so effortless...

* * *
I yawned, watching tv could make a person tired. Especially a pregnant one at that. I hadn't heard anything from Brian or Xavier in a while. I rose from the couch heading upstairs to see them playing pool in the man cave. "Look who decided to grace us with her presence." "Very funny." "You know you have to forgive me eventually Clair." He was right and I hated that. "These grandchildren don't need to feel the hurt I felt when you walked away, Xavier." "They won't; I'm going to be here for the rest of your life." My phone suddenly rung, "Hello?" "If you want to see your mother alive, you'll do as I say." I didn't know what that meant, but my mother would always come first. "Okay." "Leave his house." I looked away. "I'm going to go for a drive, I'll be home soon." "Okay, love you." "Love you too." I headed up dressing quickly. I left the house speeding out into the highway. "Go to your old house and make no attempt of warning anyone." "Who are you?" "Why do you have my mother?" "Shut up or she dies!" I could feel tears welting up amongst my cheeks. It felt like hours before pulling up into my old driveway. "Now what?" "Go in the house to the top floor, tie yourself up." I followed his instructions and placed the phone on speaker. "Okay, I'm done." The phone hung up and I heard the door open from downstairs. "Please don't hurt her, she has nothing to do with this!" It was my mom's voice. She was alive.