Shallow waters ; 1

Gabrielle sniffed silently, covers softly on top of her head making a bump as where the top of her head is. Falling back on the cream pillow that was fluffy. It's soft texture half way calming her down.
"Why do I lose soulmates,"Gabriella shut her eyes tight.
It all came to her, she can never find someone to love, or someone she would love back.
This was the third time, the third time she gave her heart to someone, the third time she felt safe.
But now she felt lonely, again.
Was time so late, she was already 26, and single.
Dodie.
Exquisite right. Visiting America for a tad bit of luck. Following the rainy days in the U.K.  She fell to her bed, noticing no one would catch her. Ahh good day right, lonely as always. She kissed the cheek of the pillow.
"I guess finding someone isn't the best time,"she nervously laughed.
Maybe she was going crazy, bonkers.
Wasn't that excellent.
That day
The pond was waving side to side, Gabrielle smiled at the ocean life, Los Angeles, that was something. Dodie walked by the water, before spotting Gabrielle cross legged.
"Hey,"Dorothy smiled.
"Oh, um hi, are you trying to get through?"she scooted nervously.
"No, I just wanted to talk but-,"
"It's fine,"Gabrielle patted where she once sat.
"Thanks,"Dodie sat softly.
"So..what's your name,"Gabrielle turned toward Dodie.
"Hi I'm Dorothy, a lot of people call me Dodie,"she flung the fleece jacket by her collar in the air.
"What's your name?"
"I'm Gabriella, no one calls me anything,"she facepalmed.
"Can I call you Gabbie?"Dodie smiled.
"Yeah, if you want to,"Gabbie rubbed her neck.
"Well,"Dodie held out her arms.
Gabbie didn't get it, until she laughed, than hugged her in response. The two gazed at eachother awkwardly staring, like in the romantic movies, but this wasn't romantic, it was pure confusion, as they barely knew eachother but hugged. Gabbie turned red in the face.
Dodie chuckled softly, new friend in a new place.