Disregarded ☆彡

Word count: 8.8k
Warnings: None
Disclaimer: I obviously don't own Harry Potter

If there was an easy way to get Draco Lucius Malfoy's attention, I definitely would've done it long, long ago. And trust me, I've been trying for awhile. I've got a whole metaphorical list of every single thing I've done to get him to like me. See, he's currently with a "muggle" family, much to his dismay. The Ministry agreed that his family, by far, was not the best place for him to be staying. Can't imagine why. Anyways, he got switched to a family of wizards and witches living in the muggle world for the time being. Quite a large family, in fact. But amazingly, it's right next to me. Him living next door, while being my biggest crush since I was a first year, is a complete blessing.

Now, I've tried it all to get him to notice me. He always turns up his nose and looks away when I try to speak to him. He acts like he's untouchable to anyone else. But, I have seen him looking my way a few times at school. I sent flowers up to his window, bought him candyfloss since I know he loves it, I've written letters, everything. It's bloody mad how he will barely even acknowledge me. And since it's the summer, it's the perfect time to get together with someone. No schedules, no classes, just peace. He tells me it's bad enough that he has to live in the muggle world and that he doesn't need me to pester him further. But, that's exactly what I plan to do.

"I'm going to the pool." I tell Aunt Petunia, who is busy nearly snogging on Dudley. She only glances up at me, probably wondering why I've interrupted her day with my existence alone.

I'm simply a burden to the Dursley family, a fact that I've grown pretty comfortable with. I wish it wasn't like that, but since it is, there's nothing I can do about it. Thats just how life is, some things go your way, and some don't. And seeing everything else that's happened to me involving Voldemort, simple family matters should be the least of my worries.

It's a warm day, along with a fresh cool breeze. The breeze is the only thing keeping me from frying myself like an egg on the pavement. I feel invigorated, energized. My flipflops smack against my feet as I walk down to our community pool, a satisfying place to be on a sultry day like this. Draco seems to always be at this place with a muggle friend, so I decided to do some party crashing. What did you expect me to do, wait for him to come to me?

I enjoy the scenery as I walk down. I could almost feel my skin tanning, the sun shining happily down.

I check in, the man greeting me with an amiable smile. I walk through the changing areas, which always smell heavily of chlorine and chemicals. The sound of the showers and the buzz of the broken hand dryers are a usual at this place. I find a chair and have a seat, scoping the area for Draco. And of course, I see him and his friend enjoying a cold pudding.

I slip off my shoes, and the blistering cement soon greets my soft feet.

"Shit," I hiss, taking off my shirt, awkwardly hopping around in an attempt to cool my pained feet. Slowly, I wade into the shallow section of water, right in front of him and his friend. "Draco, hey! It's me." I say from the pool, soon grasping his attention.

"What the bloody hell do you want, Potter?" He harshly leans back in his seat, cursing me for embarrassing him in front of his friend.

"Just wanted you to know I was here," I say, seductively brushing my hair back. He seems to turn a dark shade of red as he rubs his eyes with his fingers while looking down. I stretch, water drops spattering my flat stomach.

"You're not a model, grow up." Draco rolls his eyes after he finally looks up from his lap. I could almost see lust in his icy blue eyes.

"I will be one day." I reply.