Chapter 16: Remember The Past.

Almost a year passed by as Lexa's coalition grew from strength to strength. Each clan worked on security provisions with Polis to ensure fewer people were taken by the Mountain. Fighting this enemy would prove far more difficult. They continued to turn our people into mindless savages with their experiments. Their weapons and technology surpassing ours on every level. We were fighting a force more powerful than our own, but some were feeling the effects of the mountain more than others.
Lexa's attention had been drawn to members of Azgeda and Boudalankru heading to Polis. These were not warriors but families seeking refuge. Since the war Mount Weather had singled out these two clans. They were vulnerable without the  protection of Polis and now it seemed the attacks from The Mountain Men were far too great for their own leaders to handle.
Lexa maintained that Polis had ostracised traitors not innocent people who were now paying the price for poor leadership. These refugees were taken in and after weeks of deliberation between the Ambassadors, reluctantly, a one time offer was sent to Azgeda and Boudalankru to join the coalition. A fully united grounder society was a stronger force to combat our shared enemy. Lexa made one condition, The Ice Queen and The Chief of Boudalankru would bow before their Commander and show submission. This was not for Lexa's ego, this was to remind Nia of her place in this world. To the suprise of everyone these terms were agreed upon. Azgeda and Rockline were desperate.

It was an historical day, this joining of all twelve clans

It was an historical day, this joining of all twelve clans. As requested Nia and The Cheif bowed before their Heda showing their loyalty. It was plain to see both of these leaders had to swallow every bit of their pride, especially The Ice Queen. Lexa remained stoic throughout. Never once showing her emotions to these former enemies.
After allowing them into the coalition, Lexa stood with Nia on the balcony of Polis Tower as the Ice Queen spoke, "Today we made history, today I bow to you, but the future is an uncertain thing, Lexa. Who knows what it holds for this alliance."
Lexa grinned back, "Indeed. The future doesn't always erase the past. Memories are not so easily forgotten nor is a debt still left to be paid. I still see death walking by your side, Nia. Remember that!"
The Queen walked away from The Commander, firmly put in her place. Lexa put her duty before the fury I knew still burned within her broken heart. She was The Commander and like all that came before, her responsibility was to her people.
Time would tell if Nia would ever pay for her treachery and the murder of Costia Kom Ingranronakru. I knew my Trikru warrior and I knew that one day she would see Nia fall. 
Until then she would lead her people into a united future. With pride I stand with her, two warriors from the lands of Trikru.