Prologue

It was twilight. The sun was setting and the sky was a beautiful canvas filled with different hues of blue, pink, and purple. Korra, now very old, was sitting in the backyard, sipping warm tea and recounting the adventures of her life.

She had faced many obstacles but was able to overcome them with the support of her friends, family, mentors, and obviously Asami, who was now preparing the dinner. They had shifted to Republic City after spending Naga's last days in the Northern Tribe.

They had lived a great life together but Korra knew her time was finishing. She was ready to leave the human world and live permanently with the spirits.

Korra stood up from the wooden platform and went near the pond. Her legs ached a bit and she had almost given up earthbending. She was looking at the fishes when she heard the sound of a twig being snapped. She turned around.

"Asami, I had been waiti-"

Korra stopped mid sentence. It wasn't Asami. It was Aang.

"Hello Korra."

"Aang. What are you doing here?"
Korra hadn't seen him since her teenage years when Vaatu broke her connection with her past lives.

"I think you know why I am here, don't you?"

Her gut feeling was true. Her time was up.

"You have come here to collect me?"

Aang nodded. "You have fulfilled your duty as the avatar and served the world well. It's time that you took some rest."

Korra sighed.

"I'll be waiting. You can say your goodbye." Before vanishing, Aang said while glancing towards Asami, who was now approaching Korra.

"I have prepared the dinner honey..."

But Korra didn't find the energy in herself to reply. She felt weak. Her knees couldn't hold her weight and she slowly sat on the ground, breaking the tea cup she had been holding.

She closed her eyes and heard Asami's steps quicken. She felt a soft hand behind her head which lifted it from the ground and placed very gently on a soft cushion-like thing, Asami's lap.

"Korra, are you alright?" Asami asked with a worried tone and voice that was going to crack any moment.

Though Korra lacked the energy to speak, she needed to articulate the next few sentences. Korra opened her eyes to see the face of the girl she had fallen in love with.

"Asami, I need to leave..."

A single tear from Asami's emerald green eye made its way onto her cheek. "Korra I -" her voice was broken. "Let me call the healers. They will help you."

She began to get up but Korra stopped her.

"No, please stay. You must remain strong. Call the white lotus members and tell them to find the new avatar."

"But what about you?" Asami said as a sob escaped her mouth.

"I'll be alright. This is not the end. We can always meet in the spirit world. Take care of yourself and remember, I have always loved you" Korra said and closed her eyes again.

"I love you too" was all Asami could say but it didn't matter. Korra had already stopped breathing.

----------------
Hi fellow benders and non-benders!!! How are you? I hope you are doing great or yet awesome.

So this was the story before the adventures of the new avatar. Sorry for the abrupt ending. I am kind of bad at writing death scenes but don't worry, I'll improve.

Did you like the prologue? Comment your views so that I can improve where I lack. Your opinion DOES matter. This is my first fanfic and I don't want to disappoint you guys.

Vote if you want cause it would be great!

Until we meet again,
Yip yip!🍃

Until we meet again,Yip yip!🍃

P.s. I do think they look cute.