Seven

Before I knew it, we pulled into the movie theater parking lot, claiming a spot very close to the door thankfully. I was not in the mood to walk across the entire lot just to get to the door. I was the first to hop out of the car considering Stiles had to actually take the keys from the ignition.

The cold air sent a shiver down my spine. Since when did it get this cold at night? I wrapped my arms around my body to keep my torso warm although it didn't really do much.

"Are you cold?" Stiles asked when I met him at the back of his jeep. Without an answer, he took off his sweatshirt and handed it to me, exposing his arms to the cold from where his sleeves ended.

"Thanks," I smiled, sliding the hoodie over my head, letting it hang helplessly off my body. It was huge on me as usual considering I was much smaller than Stiles.

"Anytime! It's what best friends do."

And so we walked. I insisted on paying for myself but Stiles wouldn't have it because he was taking me out to get my mind off things. This was the best friendship I could ever hope for. He was a mix of a brother and a boyfriend although I had no romantic feelings towards him whatsoever. Besides, Scott would kill the both of us if we ever had feelings for each other.

"Do you want a snack?" Stiles asked me once we had gotten inside the theater and had our tickets ripped and directed to which theater our movie was playing.

"Nah I'm okay thanks," I awkwardly forced a smile onto my face even though I knew it looked fake.

"Well I'm getting chocolate," Stiles announced hungrily, scanning the shelves of chocolate candy. There was Hershey's, Nestle, Reese's and even Dove although that was extremely expensive. He bought at least one of everything. I swear that boy was a bottomless pit, never ever able to be full.

We sat down in the theater after arguing about where to sit. After a five minute argument at least, we decided on smack in the middle on the right side of the theater. We chose the seats closest to the edge so we wouldn't have to be trapped in the row. Instantly, we began talking about random stuff like colors and dogs which brought us to the topic of Derek being a sourwolf.

"Why do you call him that? He's not that bad," I giggled, finding the exasperated expression on Stiles's face hysterical.

"Because he's obnoxious and annoying! And he always hurts me when I drive him places. Just yesterday he slammed my face into the steering wheel because I stopped at a red light. I swear he is insane!" He explained, his arms being used to elaborate for a visual effect.

"Maybe because your sarcasm annoys him!"

"I wasn't even- okay maybe I was being a tad bit sarcastic..."

"When aren't you sarcastic?"

"When I'm talking with you because you never know if I'm using it or not," he stuck his tongue out at me like the five year old he was.

"Oh shut up," I said, offended even though I wasn't the slightest bit. He never made me upset, it was impossible with that goofy smile he always wore. It was so understanding. Of everyone and everything.

Suddenly the lights dimmed and I knew the movie was about to start. My heart rate increased with nerves since horror movies always gave me bad anxiety. I thought I would be attacked by demons or serial killers in my sleep for at least a week after I saw a scary movie.

When the first scary part came, I screamed and covered my eyes with my hands which caused Stiles to chuckle and slip his arm around my shoulders, pulling me towards his body. I could feel the warmth radiating from him which comforted me, allowing my hands to come away from my face. Unfortunately, as soon as I saw the screen again, I screamed at the dead dog on the lawn. For the rest of the movie, it became a pattern. I would get scared, scream, cower into Stiles and repeat. I had to admit, it was a fantastic movie and I enjoyed it. Being scared shitless was one of my favorite things for some strange reason no one could ever decipher.

Before long the movie was over and Stiles had finished four boxes of candy, leaving one unopened. He stuffed it in his jeans pocket and we exited the theater, his arm sliding down to around my waist, keeping me close to him. We stayed silent until we reached the car where we noisily clamored inside it, hurriedly escaping any fictitious demons that were lurking about.

"That movie was soooo good!" I squealed.

"You barely watched it!" Stiles protested with a laugh.

"I saw what needed to be seen! I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight for sure!" I smiled. Honestly I didn't really mind sleepless nights since I would just listen to music throughout the wee hours of the morning.

"You're such a strange child," he rolled his eyes, starting the car and driving out of the parking lot back to my house.

"Aw thanks buddy!" I laughed. I loved being called strange and weird because to me, it was the greatest compliment. Normal was boring. Who wants to be normal!?

As we drove and sang obnoxiously to Avril Lavigne, I completely forgot that Scott and I had been in a fight just hours before. It was as if nothing had even happened. I was always thankful for my outings with Stiles because he always made me feel better even in my darkest moments. I was able to forget about everything and enjoy myself for a few hours before returning to what made me upset.

Stiles lowered the music and glanced at me with a worried expression. "You okay? You stopped singing."

I looked at him. "Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking."

"What about?"

"How you're the best best friend in the whole world!"

"Oh no, that is you silly!"

"No way!" And so we went back and forth for a few minutes, attempting to get the other to surrender but to no avail. "Alright fine it's a draw."

"Alright fine!" And so we burst out laughing at our silly fight. We were five year olds I swear. "So do you want me to drop you home?"

"I guess so," I nervously responded, biting my lip.

"Are you sure? You can always crash at my place if you want."

"No no it's really fine. I'll have to face Scott eventually. Besides my mom probably wants me home."

"Okay but if you need anything don't hesitate to call or text me!" I nodded as we pulled into my driveway. I gave Stiles a hug from the passenger seat, squeezing his shoulders tightly.

I hopped out of the Jeep, skipping to my front door like I always did, seeing the lights in the windows all off. I slid my key into the door, unlocking it before pushing it open, becoming engulfed in the menacing darkness of my entry hall. The house was quiet. Too quiet. I called out to my mom and brother but I was greeted with only silence. Instantly I grabbed a shoe from the floor as a weapon and crept towards the living room, where I expected to see Scott passed out.

The wooden floorboards creaked loudly under my feet, making me cringe, giving away my stealth. The further I tiptoed into the darkness, the thicker it became. Finally, I reached the living room where I was greeted by the muted static coming from the television, casting a white glow into the room. I was able to see outlines of things but not exactly what was there.

Something didn't feel right. When I stepped into the room, my foot hit something dense. It wasn't hard and it didn't hurt. I screamed. Taking out my phone and turning on the flashlight, I was able to see what I had stumbled upon. That's when I screamed a blood curdling scream that rocked the house down to it's foundation.

What I had seen was not something I can describe. It was frightening, grotesque, and nauseating. I feared for my life. For my brother's safety. For my mother. For Stiles. For anyone in Beacon Hills.

I had seen a body. But not just any body. It was sliced in various places, as if not to kill but to mame. To warn Scort to watch his back. To warn anyone that had to do with the wolves of Beacon Hills.

The body belonged to Derek Hale.