•10•

*a few days later*

My mother gave birth to a baby boy and a baby girl. Their names have not yet been decided. Blue said she wants them to be named Shawn and Bea. Classic. The twins were born prematurely so they have to stay in the hospital for a while. The doctors said they are showing signs of jaundice which is common in preemies. My grandfather was the one who announced the birth of the twins to the world. It should have been me but whatever. Blue and I stayed at the hospital for the first few days but my dad said we could go home. I drove Blue and I home and walked her in. My grandma was already there putting up 'Welcome' decorations for the twins. She would be staying with us until my parents came home.

"Hey grandma" We say as we come in.

"Hey girls. How's your mother?" She asks coming down from a ladder.

"She's good" Blue smiles, "The twins are so small".

"I know honey, but they'll grow" Grandma says.

Blue hops on the couch and watches tv. My phone dings and I see that Rocky is texting me. I instantly get butterflies in my stomach.

Rakim💕: One of my homies is having a party tonight, you down?

Four: Always

Rakim💕: Pick you up at 10

Four: Try not to miss me too much until then

Rakim💕: You wish

"So what are you guys thinking for dinner? Pizza? Chinese? Indian?" Grandma asks.

"Pizza! No, Chinese! Wait, can we have both?" Blue stands on the couch.

"Anything for my grand babies" She stands behind us on the couch and looks over my shoulder, "Who is that?

"My friend. Do you mind if I go to a party later tonight?" I ask.

"With this friend?" Grandma asks.

"Yes" I say.

"Is this friend a girl or a boy?" She crosses her arms.

"Boy, but he's chill" I kneel on the couch.

"Do I know this boy?" Grandma asks.

"Maybe" I say, "His name is Rakim".

"Like from Juice?" She asks.

"Yes grandma" I say.

"Be back by 1 - one drink maximum, especially if your driving" She walks into the kitchen and pulls out takeout menus.

"Thank you" I stand and kiss her on the cheek, "Blue, wanna help me pick out an outfit?"

"Sure" she hops off the couch and runs up the stairs with me.

I sit on the floor of my closet watching Blue run around and pick out things. She ends up pulling out a white bodycon dress, a green hoodie bomber, hot pink Giuseppe Zanotti heels, and a Palm Springs Louis Vuitton bag.