Chapter 1

~Aela~

I  swung myself off of the branch and landed on the soft grass. I sighed as I made my way back to the camp. There were no titans around so we were safe, for now.

When I reached the camp I smiled as everyone came in to sight. I went in to my tent and put my lovely bow, 'The Redeemer' into it's case. I made my way towards the exit only to bump into Ruby. "Oh, you're back already," Ruby exclaimed "How did it go?" she said while putting her sword down on her bed. "Fine. We're good for now. So, anything interesting happen while I was away?" I questioned. Nothing much happened around here.

"Nothing at all. Let's go outside," Ruby suggested as she made her way towards the exit. I've known a lot of the people at our camp since I was young. A lot of new members have joined since then, but everyone is nice here. Myself and my little sister, Padme, are orphans, like a lot of the people here. I'm 18 and Padme's 16.  I have blood red eyes and snow white hair. I followed Ruby and we made our way towards the forest and  climbed one of the trees which hid our tree house.

Ruby and I are very close and we knew each other since we were babies. "So, d'you like any of the guys in our camp?" Ruby questioned with a teasing tone. "Well, no. I mean I didn't really take notice of them to be honest. I mean, I don't have a chance with any of them," I said casually. "Oh please, you're gorgeous. Of course you'd have a chance," Ruby replied. When I heard the compliment I shrank into my clothes and hid my face while sighing. "You know I'm not good with compliments," I sighed while fixing m clothes.

"Ha ha, well... what about Monroe? You're always talking to him," Ruby said while smirking. "No way," I snorted "We're not like that. He's just a really good friend," I said happily. "Ouch. Friend zoned," Ruby joked. "Oh shut up," I mumbled. "Speak of the Devil," Ruby exclaimed. I peeped out of the tree house and smiled when I saw Monroe making his way into the forest. I took out my two pocket knives and glanced At Ruby before jamming them into the bark of the tree opposite us and sliding down the trunk. When I was about three metres off the ground I kicked off the tree and landed in front of him.

"Way to make an entrance," he joked. I rolled my eyes and sat down on a log, motioning him to sit next to me. "So what brings you into the forest?" I asked. "I got bored and went looking for you. When I found you weren't in the camp I just assumed you'd be here, and I was right," he explained. "Well you found me, now what should the three of us do?" I asked cheerfully "Wait... Three of us? Who's the third per- GAHHH" Monroe squealed as Ruby attacked him from behind.

Monroe stumbled backwards and he tripped over a root that was sticking out of the ground. He fell on his back while Ruby landed on his chest. Ruby pushed her hands against the ground to elevate herself and blushed furiously when she realized what happened. "Oh my god, sorry. I'm so sorry," Ruby panicked while she got up. I just stood there smiling as I watched this happen. It was obvious that Ruby liked him but he obviously wouldn't notice that, even now.

I rolled my eyes and stepped forward to help Monroe up with an outstretched hand. He grabbed and I pulled him up, he had a feint shade of red dusting his cheeks.. "So where to, Mr. Monroe?" I asked. "I think we should go to the river, we didn't go there in a while," he stated happily. "Yeah sure, let me go back to the camp and get some stuff first." I demanded rather than asked.

I jogged back towards the camp and popped into the tent. I pulled back the cover of my blanket and took out my case. I opened it and pulled out my Magnificent, one-of -a-kind, handmade weapon and looked at it for a while. It was a Red bow that could also transform into a blade that could cut through steel. I folded it up and put it into my back pocket before heading outside to meet up with Monroe and Ruby. "Ready to go?" I pipped. 

We were about to exit into the forest when we heard a scream. My eyes widened when I heard the scream and I ran back to the camp to see Padme getting picked up by a titan. Everything was happening too quickly. "PADME!!!" I screamed while I sprinted towards the titan. I armed myself and sprinted towards the titan before running up it's leg and landing on it's shoulder. I sliced into it's neck, a piece of flesh falling to the ground, and hopped off of the titan. 

I sheathed my weapon and fell to my knees in front of my sister. I grabbed her and held her close to me and I was too shocked for a while to say anything. I only whispered "Don't...scare me like that... ever... again" Into her hair as I held her close. She was the only member of Family I had left. "Alright guys, it's settled. We've got to find more people and find a safer place to stay," Ned, our leader demanded. Nobody objected our said anything, we all just nodded and headed back to our tents. 

After the initial shock I let Padme go and gathered all my stuff and packed it into a bag, but I never left my weapon. I had to keep it just in case. Now that I think about it... I took out a titan on my own without any help at all. I didn't know I was capable of such things. After gathering my things and throwing them into a rucksack I made my way over to Monroe. "I know I shouldn't be saying this now, but you were awesome when you took the titan down. I mean, I didn't even know that was humanly possible" Monroe chuckled.

"I was a bit shocked myself. I didn't know I could do that," I honestly replied. We made small talk for a while while we waited for everyone else to gather. "Alright, once everyone is gathered, we leave. We'll keep heading north and hopefully we find somewhere soon," Everyone gathered around and We started on our journey.