One

FOUR MONTHS AGO...

Most kids at my school would be stoked to head into the city for the weekend

Most kids at my school would be stoked to head into the city for the weekend. They all come from well off families like mine.

I like Aunt Maddie and Uncle Dylan, I do, but I'm not a kid anymore. I'm not keen to hang out and play board games when I could be exploring New York City. I stay quiet through dinner. Mum and Maddie talk about their modelling days while occasionally Maddie tells off Uncle Tom for being crude. The truth is he is a legend. The guy is like late forties almost fifty but still modelling and scores any girl he wants.

Uncle Tom, Uncle Dylan and Aunt Maddie aren't my actual blood relatives. It gets confusing but they are Tom Price and Dylan and Madison Washington my mum and dad's best friends. We are having dinner in the Washington's three storey New York penthouse. My family are well off, Dad is a billionaire chef in his own right but Uncle Dylan is the Dylan Washington. CEO of Washington Enterprises and Senior Editor at the New York Times. Dylan is a multi billionaire.

The Washington family and ours all sitting round the huge dining table. Dylan, Maddie, Tom (Maddie's best friend), Miller (Maddie's twin brother), Drew (Miller's boyfriend), Amber Jacobs (my mum), Mark Jacobs (my dad), Lucas (my little brother), Millie Washington (Dylan's youngest), Cooper Washington (Dylan's second youngest) and last across the table from me is Maddie and Dylan's twins, Harper and Davis.

While everyone is talking I can't help but look over at the twins. Davis is a bit of a nerd but he is a good guy, I consider him one of my best friends. Harper. I call her 'Lady', you know like 'Lady and the Tramp'. Well, I never liked her growing up. Such a goody goody always getting me in trouble. Following Davis and I around like a puppy.

It has been four years since I've seen any of the Washingtons. Mum and dad normally leave Lucas and I in Boston because we are busy with sport or school. I look at Lady now and I have to be honest the girl is hot! I mean like smokin'!

She brushes a piece of the red hair she inherited from her mum behind her ear and I watch her bite her lip. Davis whispers something in her ear and she giggles. Oh god! Then suddenly she looks at me... she moves her head in the direction of my dad indicating for me to look. I look over at dad who is smirking.

"BJ did you hear me?" He asks. 

'BJ', yep that is me. I'm Brennan James Jacobs oldest son of Mark Jacobs Boston Billionaire and Amber Jacobs (nee Bishop) Australian model turned business mogul.

"What?"

"Pardon!" Mum scolds and out of the corner of my eye I see Lady laugh.

"Pardon?" I correct myself.

"After dinner I'm going to head down to Dolce. Do you want to come?"

"Yeah sure." Dolce is my dad's first restaurant, the one he opened with Dylan. It is one of the best in New York and in my favourite spot in the city. Rockefeller Centre.