16

The phone rings for the 50th time, but I still don't pick up. I just stare at the lit up screen with the familiar phone number showing.

My eyes feel heavy and stingy. Must've been all the tears I cried last night. My mind still won't grip to the words he said.

I'm not understanding. I don't want to understand. I simply want to forget. Everything. Forget him. Forget this. Forget everything.

I get up from the table and walk to the bathroom. After turning on the faucet I remove my clothes getting in the shower.

It feels like I'm there forever. If it was up to me I would stay here forever, but the cold water is making my bones ache so I have to get out.

After getting dressed I sit on my bed again. I feel dead. My eyes are tired of crying so I can't cry anymore. Instead of crying all I can do is to sit and think.

And thinking hurts.

Suddenly there's loud knocking on the door. When I don't open there's more knocking. "We know you're in there." A man says.

I recognize the voice and this makes me die a little more inside. If Cass sent his two guys here it's because he wants to see me.

I open the door and in fact it's Baron and Enzo. "You're either brave or plain stupid." Enzo says leaning on my door frame.

I stay quiet and he chuckles. "Definitely stupid." He murmurs. "Why in the hell did you not answer Cass' phone call?" Baron asks.

"The phone died and I forgot to charge it." I lie. "Oh so it died?" Enzo says in a sarcastic tone. I stay quiet once again not wanting to argue.

"Get ready Cass wants to see you." Baron says. The thought of seeing Cass makes me want to vomit.

"Hurry!" Enzo says. "I don't need to get ready." I answer. They both look at my jeans and shirt. "You need to change." Baron says.

"Cass is going to want me naked either way so what's the point?" The both glance at each other and then at me.

"Fine. Let's go then." Baron says. I lock my door and walk in front of them. To be honest I don't know why I'm going to see Cass.

It's probably because I want to get in trouble.

•••
"Did I not warn you my sweet Valerie to answer the phone?" Cass says as soon as he hears my footsteps.

He still hasn't faced me and it's odd that he knows it's me. "My phone died." I reply. He pours some whiskey on a cup and turns around.

When he looks at me he raises his eyebrows. "You look different today." He says. "Must be because I didn't cake my face or had my boobs half out of my clothes."

Cass chuckles, "Wow. Quite a smartass today huh?" I don't reply and he takes a sip of his whiskey then hands it to me.

Without him asking I gulp it down feeling my throat burn at the disgusting taste. "Good girl." Cass whispers.

He sits on the couch and pats his lap signaling me to sit down. I take a seat and he pulls my hair behind my ear.

"Now tell me why did you let your phone die? You know you should always keep it charged. Are you looking for trouble?"

I glance at him staring right in his eyes. "No." I say. "It looks like you are looking for trouble. Is there something you want to tell me?"

I'm still looking into his eyes and I remember those two men that were following me. They were most likely Cass' men and by now he probably knows.

"No." I reply again. "What happened to sir? Are you not wanting to be polite anymore?" He asks.

When I don't answer he adds, "Well I don't care about politeness. I care about other things. Let's get started."

He starts unbuttoning my shirt and when he has two buttons down I pull away. "What are you doing?" He asks.

"I don't want to." I say. Cass laughs but then gets serious when he sees my face. "What?" He asks angry.

"I don't want to do it." I repeat. He looks at me angrily and grabs my shirt furiously ripping it apart.

I push him away getting upand Cass gets up and looks down to me grabbing my hand. "You do what I say. You heard me?"

"I don't want to." I repeat. Cass clenches his jaw and tightens his grip around my wrist. "You're a prostitute that I pay and you do what I say or I'll kill you."

"Yes I'm a prostitute but you know why? Because men like you glorify that. You glorify money making ignorant young girls fall for it. Because of men like you there's violence, prostitution, and corruption."

He lets go off my wrist and pushes me to the couch. He loosens his tie up and starts unbuttoning his pants. "Take off your jeans."

I look up at him, "No." he closes his eyes for a brief second and breathes out heavily. "I said take off your damn jeans!" He screams.

"Take them off!" He screams louder. "No!" I scream back. Cass pulls out a gun and points it to me.

"Take them off or I'll shoot." He says. I get up from the couch and stand in front of him. He brings the gun close to my forehead.

"Take your jeans off." He repeats. Take them off!" Instead of doing what he asks I grab his hand and put the gun against my forehead.

"Shoot. Do it." I say. He's looking at me furiously and I see his finger move. The funny thing is I don't feel fear whatsoever.

Cass' face gets red and just as I think he's going to shoot he puts the gun down and slaps me so hard I fall on the floor. I sit up feeling a little lightheaded because he slapped me with so much force it made me feel dizzy.

My face feels numb and I touch my hot cheek feeling warm blood poor from my lip. "Dammit." He murmurs.

"Ambrose!" Cass screams. Dean walks in seconds later. He looks at me on the floor then at Cass.

"Get her out out of here. Now!" He screams. Dean immediately helps me up and rushes out the door.

"What did you do Nicole?" Dean asks. I pull my shirt close to me covering my exposed bra. I don't answer and he starts walking faster. When we're outside he opens the car door for me and I get in.

He quickly turns on the car and drives out of the pathway. "What happened?" Dean asks handing me a tissue from a tissue box he's got in the car.

I take the tissue and wipe the dripping blood from my lip. "Nothing. I was just honest and he doesn't like honesty."

"You know how bad their temper can be." Dean replies. I shrug laying my head against the window.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

"Maybe."