Newfound Romance: Part 3

A whole month. Mandy and I had no communication for one whole month. I can't keep myself from bothering. What did I do wrong?

Is it because of my confession? Maybe, it is because of that. Well, I always visit their apartment every day. EVERY FREAKING DAY!

But still, no sign of Mandy showed up. I ask Garrett once where is Mandy then he answered that she is on a vacation to her hometown.
That was two weeks ago.

This week, Garrett flew to Mandy's hometown to follow her. Which left me alone and pretty much bored.

Currently, I am here at work in the office, making the documents assigned to me by my boss when abruptly, the phone rang.

Garrett calling...

I took the phone and answer it. "What makes you call bro?"

"I have a good news," he replied from the other end of the line. "Scratch that. I have a enlightening, excellent, brilliant, very good news!!!"

"Glad you put your English knowledge in a good use," I joked, making him chuckle. "What's the good news bro?"

"Mandy and I are getting married!"

Mandy and I are getting married...

"WHAT?!"

"You're pretty much surprised Dean!" he told me and a chuckle followed.

I was in a state of shock. And a mix of dismay. I bet my face looks crestfallen right now.

Why? Why now? Why not the next month? Why not the next year?

Why not never?

Even with a shaky voice, I tried to utter a word. "When?"

"Probably next week."

Next week? What the heck?!

"Maybe that's a bit too rush?"

"A bit too rush it maybe is but we love each other. That's all that matters."

'Love each other your face'

"Does this call calls for an invitation?" I questioned.

"Yes. Be my best man mate."

Best man?! With my feelings for Mandy, I felt like I am betraying him. And this? Entrusting me to be his best man on his wedding? Double betrayal. Times two.

"I can't Garrett."

"Why?"

"Work," I lied. "My boss wants me to join him in his business travel next week."

"Too bad man. Why not decline it?"

"I'll try my best to come man. Don't worry. If I couldn't come to your wedding day, I'll treat you wherever you like to go."

"Okay man. I like to have your presence to that day. You're my bestfriend."

He trusts me because I am his bestfriend? Triple betrayal. Times three. Oh, kill me now.

"But if you really couldn't come, it's okay. We understand."

"Thanks for understanding man."

"No problem."

"Congratulations by the way. Bye."

"Bye!"