Chapter One: Feeling Sick

*Before the accident*

My name is Daniel Howell but you can call me Dan. I am a 20 year old man who dropped out of university and lives in England. My job and life is now YouTube and sleeping. Me and my bed are best mates, besides my housemate, Phil Lester. We both make videos on YouTube.

I'm that type of guy that smacks themselves when they think about something they have done wrong. But I like to call them, cringe attacks. I hate those things. Am I the only one who has them? They are terrible.

Anyway, I was just living a normal teenage life. Well I guess I'm called an "adult" now but the way I act, ha, I am a 9 year old at heart.

*Back to the Scene*

It was a casual day for YouTuber, Dan Howell, as he was playing pokemon and watching South Park. "Oh ho ho! I will get you next time magikarp," said Dan. He was waiting for Phil Lester to come to his room so they could film a Phil is not on Fire. Normally, Dan and Phil draw on whiskers for the video but this one was completely different. Phil arrived at the door of his room and Dan got up to let him it. "Phil, you know you can just walk in, we live together." They both laughed and Phil began to draw the whiskers on Dan's face.

*Before the Accident*

Hello, I'm Philip Lester but I'm normally called Phil. I am housemates with Dan and we are like best mates, most of the time. We are those two people who make pancakes and talk about Delia Smith all the time. Have you tried her pancakes? They are no ordinary pancakes, they are Delia Smith pancakes. Enough with the nonsense, I was born January 30, 1987.

*Back to the Accident*

Dan's whiskers started to get really itchy. He stopped Phil, scratched his fake whiskers, and turned on My Chemical Romance. He started rocking out to the song and sat back down on the bed and Phil continued drawing the other side of the whiskers. They then moved on to the nose and as soon as Phil started filling it in Dan felt really sick. He cringed and immediately ran to the bathroom to the toilet feeling like he was going to throw up.

"Um Phil, I don't feel so well," said Dan. Phil turned down the music, ran to the bathroom door, and heard Dan coughing. He coughed for 14 minutes and eventually coughed up a hair ball. "Oh God!" screamed Dan, "I'm not a cat!" He then thought that pun through his head and laughed. Dan opened the door and went out.

"Are you okay?" Phil asked.

"Better than ever!" screamed Dan, "Now lets finish this video." Phil turned on MCR again and Dan begun drawing Phil's whiskers but didn't finish.

"Dan! What is happening to your hair? It is changing!" Screamed Phil.

"What are you talking about? It must be the whiskers that is making you crazy," said Dan with sarcasm.

"No seriously Dan, you need to see a doctor or something!" he screamed.

Dan walked to the mirror and replied, "Phil you've gotta be-- what is this? Are these cat ears? What is happening to me?!" Phil began to drive him to the hospital.

Phil was very creeped out when he saw that Dan was licking his hands and was getting fur on his face and arms. "I know that we always joke about being cats, but I didn't know this would actually happen!" screamed Phil. Dan looked at him with a smirk and continued licking his palm. "Please I am worried, talk to me!" Phil screamed again.

"Meow?" asked Dan.

"Sorry? Come again?" he said. Dan started coughing again.

"I can hardly speak," Dan violently whispered to him. Phil got very worried about Dan and pushed on the gas petal with more strength, going 30 miles over the speed limit.