My own puzzle

What makes me unique? Now while many of you have been sitting for hours, just trying to find something special about yourself, I did no such thing. In fact, the answer to this came to me pretty easily. Before you jump to conclusions let me say that no, I can't play the piano with my toes. No, I'm not a cancer survivor. No, I don't have a tragic past or relationship, and no, I don't have interesting ancestors.

So now that I've eliminated all the likely things you lovely people probably thought I was going to say (or write), you're stuck there thinking, "What else could make you different?!" Don't stress, I was just getting to that part.

So what makes me special is the fact that I'm me.

You know, I'm pretty "normal." I'm finishing seventh grade, have good grades, am looking at a couple of high schools I like, have a tight group of friends, and of course, a few crushes. So all in all, I'm pretty average, except for the fact that I'm probably the craziest person in my grade. Seriously, I've gotten classmates asking me if I'm high. But that's another story, so leave that be for now.

So yeah, that's me in a nutshell. I'm what the world would consider an average teenage girl. But you see, that's the thing. It's me, who's this seemingly average teen.

You're not thinking of one of the millions of girls that are out there, you're thinking of this one person. This seventh grader who has big dreams, a smart mouth, curly hair, tanned skin, and a love for all things Harry Potter, is average. Yup, I literally just called myself average. And I'm not ashamed. At all. Because, guess what? This "normality" about me, is a part of me. It's a part of me like everything else in my life is. Everything down to the scratch on my bedroom wall.

Every person is like one big, slightly screwed up puzzle. And everything is a piece of that puzzle. That's right, everything. Whether it be how you felt during your first kiss, the shoelaces you tripped over in first grade, or the grade you got on your seventh grade French test on passé composée, it all goes into your puzzle. It's just that some pieces are larger than others.

Here's something about this puzzle, if you think about it, even if they only have a single difference between them, no two puzzles will ever be the exact same.

So now that  I've explained my extremely deep theories, you see that you didn't need to look for something that makes you stand out. You're you. Your very beautiful self, you are your own puzzle, I'm my own puzzle, and we'll never have the same pieces.

That's all it takes. It's as simple as that. You're you, I'm me. Two beautiful, different people

That's that, I'm an average person who's her own puzzle, and that, darling, is what makes me unique.