The Sign Up

The dark sky is full of smoke from factories and opium dens as you venture through the mostly empty streets. There are few lights, and you stick to the shadows to avoid running into patrolling guardsmen... or even worse, the Enforcers: dangerous criminals given military training, their old weapons, and either are sent to terrorize the streets or into another country to terrorize the populace.

You shivered at the thought of meeting on of them, and tugged your light jacket tighter around you, risking stepping into the light of a lamp to get your bearings about your location. You soon stepped back out and trudged through the blackness. It was well past curfew, but with the light decrease in crime, the number of guardsmen about was very little.

You turned down an alley, but something sent shivers down your spine, and you picked up your pace, your footsteps echoing against the building. You panted, sweat trickled down your face, down the bridge of your nose, and your heart burst through your chest cavity each time it beat.

You slip in a puddle of disgusting water, and you land facefirst into the cobblestones, busting your nose. You taste iron and copper as you lay on the ground, and awaited whatever fate would befall you.

"Ahh... und vere are you going this time of night?" You slowly looked to your right, the road cold against your face. A man in a dark blue guardsman uniform looked down at you, his automatic visible in a holster. You shiver again as he reaches down and grabs you, dragging you to your feet. His eyes are wild with power. "Don't you know it is un bad idea to be out here at night, ja?" He asked, slowly crushing your spirit, as you knew the penalty for breaking curfew.

The man set you against the wall and took out hia automatic, pulling the slide back as you dared not look, until a voice that you took to be an angel called out. "Aye, you there, it's about someone stopped you."

You and him both looked up in surprise as an older teenage girl with firey red hair and pale skin sloshed towards you. As if on defense, she held put a paper at the guardsman. "I'm allowed out here. I got permission from a guardsman to be here, to chase after my younger sibling here." She said, and subtly winked in your direction.

The Guardsman examined the paper carefully, before literally dropping you. "You are lucky I'm in a good mood, now get home before I shoot both of you." He said, and the stranger grinned before pulling you uncomfortably close. "Aye sir, will do." She chirped, before lightly dragging you along by the neck back the way she had come. She then covered your mouth with her hand as both of you listened to the footsteps fade into the night.

She let out a breath of relief before uncovering your mouth and letting go of you. "Mighty sorry about that, you just looked like you needed the help." She then winced. "Yikes, I hope you weren't good looking, cus I think yeh busted yer nose pretty good." She said, motioning to the blood still dripping down your face.

However, she soon smiled and jutted her hand out. "Sarah Donhavon, and who might you happen to be?"

You stare at her hand, before....

---
Heya, welcome to the Guilder's League, where you determine the outcome! RPers pick up here. While I'm going to attemp a congruent ending on all of them, you're free to pursue your objective your own way!