Chapter 1

Red stepped into the bar. She scanned the many tables and drunks to find the traitor who took and gambled her father's telescope.
          "Gather round! Gather round! What I have here is the Legend of The Seas Telescope!" the scruffy and smelly man yelled. This statement caught the attention of many people in the bar.
          "Oi" a man called "Is it real?"
          Another man, considerably older, picked the heirloom and inspected it.
          "Its real alright. I saw the Legend carrying this himself when he visited this bar once!" he called to the others.
          "Where'd ya find it?" a begger woman called.
          "I bought it off a stupid girl selling it for only five coins!"
          The whole bar laughed.
          "Bought it my arse." Red stepped forward "You stole it from me, you traitor."
          The bar ceased of sound. All eyes were on her. The traitor stood up and glared at her, then he smirked at Red, ambling around the table and toward her.
          "Oi, well, what are you going to do? You're just a little guppy aren't ya?" the man snickered with the other men.
          "Just give me the telescope and you wont get hurt? Take it or leave it." Red responded, yawing. It was quite late.
          The bar filled with small giggles but was soon filled with obnoxious laughter.
          "See this boys?" The traitor taunted "This girl want to make a deal or ill get hurt!" he cried.
          Bang!
          The bar got quiet. The traitor fell forward, a small pool of blood starting. Red blew the smoke from her guns end and picked up the telescope. She skipped to the door and kicked it open.
          "Clean this place up will ye?" She called "This place smells like a dead body!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Captain? Are you awake? We have docked and Mr. Avery will be at the rendezvous at noon."
          Red rose from the soft bed. Her hair was tangled and she was starving.
          "Wendy, please help me get ready."
          The nob of Red's door turned and Wendy came in. Her dirty blonde hair matching her blue work gown. Her face was wrinkled from age.
          "What do you need Red?" she asked, her volume low. Wendy knew how sensitive her hearing was in the morning.
          "I would like my hair cut." Red asked tugging at a lock of her fiery red mop.
          "Of course. How short then?" she inquired, grabbing a pair of scissors from Red's vanity.
          "Short, like a boys, yet still feminine." Red answered.
          "Are you sure?" Wendy questioned " You have never wanted it so short?"
          "Yes but I also have never almost gotten killed due to some thug tugging on my pony tail."
          Wendy chuckled and began to cut. The many strands falling around Reds bare feet.
           Once Red's hair was cut, Red walked over to her closet.
           "I can get ready from here. Tell Kira to get up and ready. Have John polish Kira and my guns, also have him sharpen a couple throwing knives." Red ordered. "Have someone sweep this red mess when im gone."
           "Of course Captain. Shall I get you breakfast?"
           "No, Kira and I will eat some where in town before the rendezvous."
           "Alright, Captain."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

          "Why did Avery want to meet with us?" Kira questioned, munching on a fresh biscuit.
          "He didn't say much in his letter. The writing seemed rush so I assumed it was urgent." Red replied, taking a sip of her tea.
          "We must hurry." Red spoke "The rendezvous starts soon. We must find Avery."
          After Red abd Kira ate, they walked to the rendezvous. The streets were crowded with people, shouting offers for their products to make a quick buck. Red scanned the area for Avery. She spotted him, near an alleyway, looking left and right quickly.
          "Mr. Avery." Red called.
          Avery snapped his head to her. He limped over and dragged her into the alley.
          "Thank god you made it." Avery sighed.
          "Avery, what was the meaning of your letter?" Kira asked.
          Avery pulled a folded parchment out of his inner pocket. He also pulled out twin silver and blue topaz jeweled guns.
          "These were your mother's." Avery replied. " Custom made from your family's riches."
          "But, what is the parchment for?" Red asked.
          "A clue on where your parents killers are." Avery whispered.
          Red's hands on the parchment tightened. The immediately became tense.
          "I found a former member of the group. He wasn't there when the group of ruffians killed them. According to him, a few groups might have been involved, like I theorized."
          Avery grunted and leaned up against the wall. Red snapped out of her gaze.
          "Avery, what's wrong?" Red worriedly said.
          Kira walked over and pulled up his tunic. A deep cut, filled with blood and puss showed. Red and Kira gasped.
          "Avery!" Red yelled "I demand to know what happened."
          "You cant just get information without getting into a fight." Avery chuckled.
          The alley was silent accept for the occasional chatter from a nearby buyer from the rendezvous.
          "Im going to die Red." Avery mumbled.
          "No, not again. I cant lose you Avery!" Red cried, her eyes glazing over with tears.
          "There is no way to cure this Red." Avery murmured. "The sword I was cut with was dirty, and I was stuck on a bloody ship for days."
          "What about your crew-" "I gave them a portion of my gold and sent them on their way." Avery cut Red off.
          Red's lip trembled and she lunged at him, embracing him. She cried salty tears, the sight would make any grown man cry.
          Avery handed Kira a key. Red pulled back and looked at him, her eyes filled with sorrow.
          "Go down the street and make a left. You will see a house with a blue door. Its the only one. Only one member of my crew refused to leave. I want you to take him." Avery smiled.
          Red nodded rapidly. She looked up at him one more time and embraced him.
          Kira grabbed Red's had and lead her away. Red looked back.
          "I love you Uncle..."