The Second Chapter

He saw a petite little girl lying on his chest, her face scrunched up in pain.She could have barely exceeded 1.5 meters.  Her books lay scattered all over the ground as she tried to recover from the impact.

“Owwww.... That hurt!” Her voice was soothing, it was so like the voices he heard one too many times in the animes he watched, he could not believe his ears. Her hair was also something unbelievable. Wispy strands of yellow, that glittered like golden threads where the sun’s rays hit them, a huge difference from the normal black and sometimes brown patches of hair Roxas as so accustomed to.

What hit him the most was her eyes, as she opened them slowly, they mesmerized him. One of her eyes was scarlet red, like the crimson red blood that meant both purity and death. her other eye was clad in a misty grey, hiding behind it many things, which made it all the more mysterious.

She realized that he was staring at her, and then suddenly becoming aware of what happened and where she was, her face flushed red. 

“That’s a pretty tinge of red there, for a blush. I wouldn’t mind seeing more of it...” Roxas mentally commented to himself.

“I’m so sorry! So sorry!” She kept on apologising as she pushed herself of him, her embarrassment reaching new peaks. A small crowd had formed around them now, curious to see what had happened.

Roxas slowly got up, and seeing that she was frantically picking up her scattered books as if afraid of the crowd, proceeded to help her

“Thank you...” She whispered demurely, as she continued picking up the books. 

As they picked up the books, when they found their way to the final one, their hands briefly brushed for a moment. In that moment, Roxas’s heartbeat suddenly accelerated, and he turned his head to face her, but her head was turned away then. He could have sworn that she was blushing once again.

“Are you okay now? What’s your name?” Roxas asked before she left, he had this feeling that he needed to know her name, if not he would come to regret it. It was a decision he rarely made, because he was not popular among the females due to his... otaku hobbies...

“Yui...” She replied him with that one word, then proceeding to go through the crowd, bowing her head down in her books as if as she could not stand the glances of the crowd.

He sighed and turned his head around, then realised that she had left a pair of glasses behind on the floor. “Was she that nervous that she forgot it?”

He bent over to pick it up, and through the reflection of the glasses, he suddenly saw a marker flying towards him. With pure luck, he managed to get out of the way, letting the marker hit and bounce off the floor harmlessly.

“Well well well, what do we have here...” Roxas flinched for a moment, as he heard that voice. That person was one of the greatest banes of his school life, and Roxas wouldn’t be surprised if it was he that tried to throw that marker from behind.

“Damn that accursed idiot...” Roxas muttered under his breath as he took a deep breath to confront what was coming...