1

Alone. That's all I felt now, just a lost soul as numb as ice. I have no one, no one to love and no one to love me. This always happens when people find out the truth, the truth about me. That secret I keep hidden so well. I just want to forget it, and now I'm alone. With nothing but childish dreams as I gaze to the moon and stars, wishing of a faraway place with faraway people. But that comfort didn't always make me feel content alive, and happy. Then again, nothing and no one ever stays.

I wrap myself up in a blanket placing it perfectly around my cold delicate frame, as I claim my place back on the window sill and slowly I close my eyes. What is that? I looked out further to the sky, a shadow. I stood up captivated, not knowing quite what to do as my eyes followed the swirls and turns in the sky dancing a hypnotic verse. So much so that I didn't notice the boy until he stood right in front of me. I jumped back from him, startled by how close we were. I lifted my head blinking to see if this was real. His red hair like autumn leaves in the breeze, vibrant but everywhere. His eyes shone a blistering blue like a crystal in the deepest sea shining through. His lips a rosy red and curved into a smile.

'Hi I'm Peter'. A hand started to stretch out towards me and I flinched, unaware of the fact he only wanted to introduce himself. I lifted my head after a few moments, his smile dropped and he looked almost concerned...

'Peter Pan. That's what they call me'.

'Wendy Darling. That's what they call me', matching his childish smile that now stretched over both of our faces.

'Do you want to talk for a while?' I questioned nothing and from there on we talked for more than a while.

He spoke of a magical place called Neverland, a land of everlasting joy, a place of life, of family. The mermaids, and the sea that glistened in the radiant sunlight covering all of the land. Then the Indians, Tinkerbelle. The lost boys, and how they always get themselves into trouble with pirates, running from Captain Hook as he calls, 'Run, run, lost boy'. I grinned in amazement, I never thought such a place could exist. I've never felt so alive and I've only heard of the place. The place where my heart longs to go to, to belong to.

Then he spoke of me, how I could be one of the lost boys. Of adventures far away that where mine to take. How I could be free and the family I could have, the home. Memories I could make with the boys and him. He said it would be easy, that he could sprinkle me in pixie dust and then all I had to do was believe. Believe in him and believe in me. That we could sly away to our destiny, soaring above this town, away from the people and the memories. That we could reach Neverland with our feet gently hitting the sand below us leading to paradise.

My thoughts were running away from all of reality and into my dreams. But I knew he could see the desperation in my eyes, but also my fear.

'I promise that you'll never be lonely'.

It sounded amazing, a wish come true. A perfect storybook come true, what could be my home sweet home. Forever maybe? But I had so many secrets, so many dark truths and the truth was bound to come out in the end.