Part One: One Week Away

The Conclave is a week away. Luckily, I am one of the oldest. I am sixteen years old. There is one seventeen years old, but I'm not to worried about her. Her name is Luna. There are several twelve year olds, and even an eight year old. I don't know if I can bare the thought​ of killing an innocent child. However, I will do it for my people, because they need a strong leader like me. A child would not have any wisdom, and they could lead to the Extinction of my people. We are the last of the human race.

My mother has been making me train everyday for a year now. I have to admit, it has been exhausting. For years now I have dreamed of being Heda, just not killing in the Conclave. I guess that's a big part though. My father was murdered by an Ice Nation warrior in battle years ago. It was in the great war, TreeCrew vs IceNation. It has just been me and my mother for as long as I can remember. Her name is Victoria.

I will be competing against 11 warriors. One from each twelve clans. I have to admit I am very nervous. I have been waiting for this day for years! I know that even if the spirit of the last commander wants a child to win, they will. It is just up to him.

People always seem to underestimate me because of my gender, the prince of Ice Nation expecially, Ronan. I can not stand anyone from Ice Nation, My clan and them just never have seemed to get along.

"Lexa, dear, it is time for your training. After you train you will then head to a meeting with all of the tributes and clan leaders." My mother says.

I am already dressed, so I get up and head straight outside to the training area. There are so many weapons to choose from, and I am good with all, so I still can't decide which one I want to use in the Conclave. I'm not allowed to use a bow, so that is out. I may use a spear, or double swords. I am amazing with both.

I think I will train with both this whole week, and then the day before let my mother decide which one I am better with. I trust her opinion.

She is an amazing warrior herself, but she is not a Nightblood, I get my Nightblood from my Dad. She usually trains with me, and the past four times I have beat her. She has killed probably hundreds of warriors, so that is pretty good for me to do that.

I choose the spear, and she uses the double swords, that has always been her go to weapon... We fight for hours, with me constantly winning.

"Aren't so bad, maybe it is just my old age catching up with me, you have to think; these kids are around your age, they have just as much youth as you" says mother.

She is right, I for sure think I will use my spear, and when I am a Heda and warrior, I will use them then too. My Mom has used the same swords for years.

After around an hour more of us training, I head to our hut for me to get ready for the meeting. Before I take a bath I would like to go and hunt. Hunting is something I always do whenever I'm stressed. My Mother does not like it, because she is afraid someone will capture me, but I am capible of defending myself.

I grab my spear and sneak into the woods so my mother doesn't see me. I walk around in the woods for hours, when all of the sudden I see something strange, a Reaper with a captured girl. Her head turns and it is Luna. I think he is about to kill her! Should I save her? After all we will be fighting in the Conclave in one week. What should I do!

I decide to attack the reaper. He quickly turns and throws his axe at me. I quickly duck, and it misses me. Luna has a face of fear, he has her tied down, so she cannot run. As soon as I duck, I quickly throw my spear at him. It hits him in the neck, and blood quickly spews out.

Luna screams "No, please don't kill me!"

"Don't worry Luna, I'm here to help." I say softly.

I untie her chains she is shackeled to.

"I was on my way to the meeting, what are you doing this way?" Luna ask.

"I was hunting, but it is time to head back, you can walk with me." I say.

"Why did you not kill me?" Luna ask.

"Because there will be plenty time for that in the Conclave." Luna says.

After walking akwardly​ for hours to the meeting, we finally make it to my hut. Luna keeps going so nobody sees us together. I quickly bathe so my Mother does not see my blood covered self. I get dressed and head over to the meeting.

I meet everyone who I will be killing.

Luna
Jacob
Eon
Tulip
Henry
Cupen
Jewel
Salit
Wenli
Thomas
Peter
Lexa.

That is the list they give us tributes, it has the names of everyone we must kill.

Thomas shouts "Yu gonplei ste odon." That means "Your fight is over" He is around Fourteen.

"Don't worry, I know the spirit will choose me. However, I will still wish you luck." I say.

A/N- I know this chapter is a shorter one, however the next two will probably be a little longer. I plan for this being a 3 part story, so two more chapters! I need 17 reads to publish the next chapter, so tell your friends!

Q/A- Who is your favorite character off of the 100?