Chapter - 18: You are something, something else...

Kaira's POV :

I was waiting. Nervous as hell.

Now, I wasn't nervous because I'm new to the court.

Nah! Of course, I'm not!

Neither is it my first participation in state-level competition.

Then why was I nervous again?

Oh yeah I remembered, I was nervous because it was going to be the first time for Sidharth to see me compete and I didn't want to make a fool of myself in front of him.

'Seriously? Sidharth?' My conscience mocked 'What are you evening thinking?'

Right, what am I even thinking? He won't think of me as one but I simply didn't wanna lose finals when he has supported me this far and as he quotes, will support as long as he is there.

So it's either win or die of embarrassment! And I, Kaira Shetty cannot be embarrassed just because some stupid player won against her.

I can never let that happen!

That was the moment I let my thoughts aside and could hear people encouraging me, calling out my name, cheering me. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and realized that I was still in the locker room, Shakti Sir towering over me. I abruptly stood up, dusting my shorts I faced him.

"Good luck dear. Go and show them what you are capable of. My wishes are always with you." he encourages.

"Thank you, sir. I will surely win this one as well." My voice filled with confidence I move towards the door which leads to the court to start my final match with a new entry this championship.

With the past records of his matches, I could point out he is quite good. Of course he is good, he reached the finals after all! but he has one weak spot— SMASH! He couldn't hit any of them whenever he played!

I stepped up on the court with confidence reflecting in my eyes and a smile of determination while my opponent wears a- smirk?

Oh alright then, keep smirking like a fool, Mr! I'm going to win this, over you!!

"Here you have it flocks! The final match of this tournament played between our last time champion Miss. Kaira Shetty and a newcomer who came all the way from Nasik to play this tournament, Mr. Vinod Rai! Let's give them a big round of plause!" The announcer says as we shake our hands for good luck.

"Let the match begin with competitor Vinod getting the first chance to serve!" The commentator speaks up and my opponent nods, swiftly hitting the shuttle in my direction with full confidence— or wait can we call that overconfidence?

Oh Yes, we can!

I immediately jump a step back and click slowly which ends just half a meter away from the net in his area yet he hits it back.

Hmm not bad.

The game goes on and he loses a point to me when I take a shot and he just couldn't be a little faster to hit back before the shuttle touches the ground.

I grin while he glares at me in vengeance.

Not long after, he hits a long shot and I jump back to answer but then leave it thinking would be outside— much to my disappointment it ended in!