Page 23

(There probably won't be more for a while...I'm just not in the mood I guess :/ )

            “You’re insane you know that?” Connor said as I turned around.

            I shrugged.

            “With the way this week is going, well, what the hell, ya know?” He shook his head at me as I hurried up the sidewalk and into the school. People stared at me and got out of mine and Connor’s way as we pushed our way up the stairs.

            “Slow down!” Connor called in disbelief as he passed two people to get to me. “What’s gotten into you?” I didn’t know why he asked. He was bouncing on the balls of his feet and his eyes darted over everyone any everything. It was like he was looking for a way out, but of what?

            “Adrenaline, excitement maybe; I don’t know why it hit all the sudden.” I answered as I reached the top of the stairs.

            “Okay, well,” Connor began and led me to my locker, standing too close to comfort. “You’ve got to calm down a little okay?” I sighed but my heart kept pounding.

            “I’ll try.” I told him, but he looked to be somewhere else. He was still looking at me, but it was an intense look and he didn’t seem near snapping out of it.

            “You know what.” I snapped out of my thoughts and listened to him. “Let’s say I came to my senses last night.” He winked at me and smirked. “However, in order to keep this plan alive you’re a freak, understood?” He asked and I couldn’t help rolling my eyes. Of course I am.

            “Whatever, no one’s gonna tap this now.” I said seriously and then cracked up, realizing how ridiculous that sounded.

            “Good.” Connor said and slipped an arm around my waist, keeping me close and walked me to French, still holding my stuff. I didn’t understand why he suddenly was acting like this rumor was the real thing, but I decided not to deal with it. I guess that’s kind of stupid, but whatever.

            Barrick gave us a questioning look as we took the two seats to his left. “What’s going on?” He asked sounding beyond angry with the situation

            “I changed my mind.” Connor told him and tapped his fingers on the desk. Barrick didn’t seem as hopped up as us. It felt like I drank twenty cups of coffee and a Red Bull.

            “What the hell do you mean you changed your mind?” I had never seen Barrick so angry. Any other day I would have yelled at him, but I couldn’t think long enough on one subject. I had so much energy, yet had no desire to do anything to get rid of it.

            Interrupting the scene, the door opened and I averted my attention from the forming argument. Alex stood in the doorway for a moment smirking at the three of us. I realized then that I hadn’t seen him since this whole dilemma came about. If he believed what everyone else did he was probably eating it up. He strode into the classroom and stopped in front of my desk, holding eye contact with me as he reached into his back pocket.