Part 1. First Love

Love, it's simple but precious.

How many of you have been falling in love?

How many of you have your first love in high school?

Because I've got my eyes on someone and now I'm looking at her from my classroom window on second floor, watching her running from a far trying to catch up before the last bell rang.

She always made it before the school's gate close on the last bell. Always.

"What are you looking at Kei?"

Daiki looked at the same spot I was looking at. I can sense his curiosity as he kept looking, tried to find the thing or someone that took my interest.

But his face is telling me his disappointment as he can't find anything.

Of course he can't, because the person is already inside the building by the time Daiki approached me.

"I was looking at someone who's been working hard for this upcoming school's marathon..."

Daiki furrowed his eyebrows.

"Huh? I thought the marathon is six months away?"

"Exactly.."

"You're acting weird again, Kei. Anyway, do you think that person is going to win?"

I smile as I say, "She already won.."

I walk to my seat while taking out my textbook from my drawer. Leaving Daiki in confusion

She already won my heart.

"Hey, I don't get it.."

"Mr. Arioka, I'm about to start my lesson. Go back to your seat now.."

Miss Hashimoto points her index finger to Daiki's empty seat. Giving him a stern look.

"Yes, ma'am!"

The whole class laughing silently at Daiki clumsiness as I just shake my head.

***

"Argh, I can't do this anymore.."

Daiki lay his head down on the table as soon as Miss Hashimoto leave the class.

I turn to Daiki who's sitting next me.

"Tell me about it.." I said while stretching my hands up in the empty air.

Miss Hashimoto is our Math teacher, her class can be tough sometimes. I won't blame Daiki if he really couldn't take it.

We were supposed to have English class next but was cancel due to the teachers meeting.

So we are free until lunch break.

"Hey, what was all that about?"

"About what?"

"Back there, she already won whole thing"

I was save by Hikaru loud voice coming from the next door.

"Yaotome Hikaru from 3D class is coming through~!"

Kota whacked Hikaru on the head.

"Lower your voice idiot!"

Hikaru rub his head while hissing in pain. He gave a goofy smile as an apology before walking towards us.

"Hey, what's up?"

We made a high five to each other. Just like our usual routine.

"Are we allowed leaving the class when the teachers are on meeting?" Asked Daiki.

"No, but I had to. This guy need someone to save his ass when he's in trouble."

Kota give a light punch on Hikaru's shoulder.

"Hey, I can take care of myself okay.."

Hikaru pout.

"So, are you gonna tell me now?"

Daiki as curious as he is, will never give up until he get what he want.

"Tell you what?"

Hikaru look at Daiki before me.

I took a deep breath. "Fine, but don't tell anyone.."

The three of them nod their head aggressively. Hikaru even swear that he won't tell anyone until he die.

We'll see about that.