Chapter Two

The moment comest to a sharp close, as a firm knock sounds from the apartment door. Reaching for the door handle, I open it. A 6ft man in his twenties is stood there, paired with a small smile on his face. I look up into his chocolate brown eyes, my face filled with curiosity.

"Is everything okay? We heard a fair amount of shouting..."

I giggle, and Emma steps forward. "Nah, just me and my best friend seeing each other after 2 months."

"Ahh, okay. Hi, Emma's best friend. I'm Dan, aka one of Emma's neighbours."

"That must mean you're now also my neighbour! I'm Y/N," I smile.

"You're moving in? Awesome! I can't wait to get to know you, and hopefully Miss Anti-Social Emma, a bit better!"

"In all fairness, the majority of the time I'm on my phone, I'm texting Y/N," Emma justifies.

"That's true," I laugh.

"Great! Maybe we'll be able to get to know Emma as well as you then!"

"Sounds like a deal!" I smile. This Dan guy seems pretty cool, not to mention cute. "Wait a second... are you danisnotonfire?"

"The one and only," he winks, before twirling on the spot.

"Emma!! You didn't tell me your neighbours were famous YouTubers!"

Emma raises an eyebrow. "You're a famous YouTuber?" She giggles.

Dan laughs. "Speaking of YouTube, I've got a video to edit. But we should talk sometime! Feel free to pop round anytime- actually scrap that, Phil and I may be filming. I'll give you two my number, maybe we can sort something out through text?"

"Sounds cool!" I open the contacts app, and hand him my phone. He taps a couple of digits, before returning it.

"See you around!" Dan waves.

The door shuts.

"Well that was a weird experience..." Emma chuckles.

"That it was..."

Emma raises an eyebrow. "That it was? Since when do you speak like a Victorian?"

I push her slightly. "Don't diss my vocabulary," I giggle.

She shoves me back, a little harder. "Oh I'm dissing your vocal alright."

I push her onto a bed. "Oh no you don't."

She smirks at me, before my vision is blinded as a pillow comes in contact with me face.

I gasp. "You did not just do that."

"Think I just did," she winks.

I grab a pillows and hurtle it at her face.

"Game on?" she threatens.

"Game on," I agree, unable to wipe the smile off my face.

"Argh!" Emma screams as she picks up two pillows at once, throwing at my face.