Chapter Forty Three

The electric doors of the hospital whirred open in front of Mum and I, granting us access to the huge building.
It was Wednesday and I felt like I hadn't slept a wink since Friday night, being that Saturday night the boys had been hunting and since Sunday night Blayze had been in lock up on what I was still hoping above all hope, were false accusations.
I had an appointment scheduled with Doctor Legend in just half an hour's time and Mum had been kind enough to rearrange her day so that she could accompany me to the hospital, so I wouldn't have to do it alone.
My twenty-eight week's scan.
I'd been hoping against all hope that Blayze would be here, considering he'd missed the last one due to his own turmoil.
But apparently he wasn't.
Either this Wade bloke wasn't as good of a Lawyer as everybody says he is, or the Police have some bad evidence against Blayze and Codie, considering it's now Wednesday and they're still locked up, unable to talk to anybody other than the Police and Wade.
"You okay?"
Mum asked as we approached the block of elevator's, so we could take the easier way up a few floor's to the maternity ward.
"Not really."
I denied with a slight shake of my head.
"But whingeing about it isn't gonna change anything, is it?"
I've whinged.
I've cried.
I've been mad.
None of the emotions have changed the situation.
I've still been alone every night and not heard a word from Blayze since Sunday night.
Number 3 elevator's door's opened with a ding and a young couple who were probably in their twenties stepped out, the guy loaded down by a few bag's and the woman holding a baby bundled up in blue blanket's.
"Congratulations."
Mum told them with a friendly smile.
The guy gave Mum a quick nod and a smile.
The lady's green eyes lit with a sparkle as she grinned.
"Thank you!"
It was pretty clear their baby was tiny and they were leaving the hospital for the first time.
It kind of scared the crap out of me that at any time now, that could be me.
The lady's green eyes swung my way and I could feel as well as see her taking in my belly, which I was fairly certain that by now nobody could mistaken for anything other than pregnancy.
"How far along are you?"
She asked with a kind smile.
"Twenty-eight weeks."
I answered, my heart skipping a beat.
"Oh wow! I remember that time."
Green eyed girl said with a smile.
"Now we've got a three day old boy."
She smiled down at the bundle in her arms like he was the light of her world.
Hell, he probably was.
"C'mon Alana."
The guy urged.
"Best of luck!"
'Alana' bade me with a smile.
I offered her the best of a smile that I could in return and stepped around her, moving towards the open elevator doors.
"Thanks. You too."
I muttered in passing.
The doors closed, sealing Mum and I thankfully alone inside the box and Mum pressed for level 3 while I did my best to blink back tears.
I love my Mum, but I couldn't help but wish that it was Blayze here with me.

Kylie

I paced the floor near the Maternity Ward.
It was quite some time since I'd been in this area of the Hospital.
I'd had Izac and Jace by early caesarean, six weeks before they were due, which meant I had to spend a couple of weeks locked up in this hospital with the twins before we got to bring them home.
Hazel came smack on her due date and Lily came early, early enough that I had her at home, not even making it to the hospital.
I knew poor Bailey didn't want to do yet another scan without Blayze.
But the checkup was vital, because they needed to check on the baby's size and how he or she was coping in the third trimester, because the Doctor's were concerned that he or she might not cope going to full term giving their growing rate and Bailey's rather small size.
Part of me was on edge, wanting to know if my first Grand Baby was a boy or a girl, but that was pretty much because I was excited to go baby shopping again.
And organise Bailey a baby shower.
Yet I knew it was fair enough for them to wait and find out the old fashioned way.
With Bailey I'd waited, only finding out she was a girl when she came into the world screaming.
With the twins, Paul and I had decided to not find out, excited by whether we'd get same sex twins or pigeon twins.
I already had a daughter and two son's by the time I was pregnant with Hazel, so at around eighteen weeks we'd let the Midwife tell us we were expecting a girl!
Lily was extremely on display for the majority of the way through the scan, so she'd by no means been a surprise to anyone.
I turned my phone over yet again and checked the screen.
1:24.
My heart was beginning to beat a little too fast.
A Nurse had taken Bailey back to a room about five minutes ago.
Doctor Legend was apparently scheduled to see her at 1:30.
Please god let my baby girl receive good news.
I silently prayed.
I don't think she can take much more.
Yet I knew that she would shoulder whatever she had to, because she's strong.
Stronger than most.