Spies

Sam's POV
Italics= radio

"Hey." My dad startled Nathan, Harper, and I as he walked into the tent. Everyone had been more on edge lately due to the blockade around us by the grounders and Pike trying to catch my dad and his spies. "Were you followed?"

"No, what about you?" Nathan asked my dad.

"No, I'm good. Any word from Octavia?"

I sadly shook my head. "I've been scanning different channels all morning. Nothing."

"Either she's out of range or they already got her."

"Or she ran the battery down." I corrected Harper. I didn't want to think about losing Octavia. If I did, I don't know what Bellamy or I would do. "Or she needed radio silence to run the blockade. There are a lot of reasons why she might have gone dark."

"I've been out there patrolling for the last three months," Nathan said, "I know this area better than any grounder. Just let me go out..."

"Guys." Harper interrupted. She had the headphones over her ears listening to something over the radio. "Listen to this." Harper turned up the radio so we could listen.

"The results of this morning's munitions inventory was sobering." Pike said over the radio "In no way do we currently have the ammo for an extended series of firefights. Not even close."

"So what's Plan B?" Bellamy asked.

"Our lookouts say the largest grounder encampment is in this valley. So we deploy an assault team in Rover 1. And we do as much damage as we can with automatic weapons."

"Then they'll just fall back and make a run for reinforcements." Hannah pointed out.

I'm counting on that. The only way there and back is over this ridge. Now we can bottleneck their warriors and pick them off."

"We got the firepower for that?" Bellamy asked.

"We won't need it. We have a dozen concussive anti-personnel devices in our armory. I've already got a weapons man rigging them with a remote trigger. We load the APDs into the Rover and mine the field before we attack. After we strike, we lure their reinforcements onto the ridge. And once we have enough grounders in the killing box.."

"We detonate. It'll buy us some time but..."

"Times what we need. We move at dawn." Harper turned off the radio.

"Dad." My voice cracked as I stopped my dad from pacing. "I hate to say it, but I think Nathan was right before. I think we need to stop being who we are, and give up Pike. It might be the only way."

~
"We have help him." I said determined. After the discussion before a lot had happened. The plan began to work, but my dad was caught and set for execution. It would've worked if my dad just let me do it. They wouldn't kill a pregnant woman but my dad said he didn't want to risk it. So I stayed in my room and allowed them to do it themselves.

Before either of them could respond, we heard someone knock on Nathan's door. He walked over slowly to it and opened it to show Bellamy and Monty. "What do you want?" Bellamy didn't answer instead he just nodded for them to come in. Nathan reluctantly agreed.   "What do you.."

Bellamy shushed him before he could say anything else. He reached in his back pocket and pulled out a knife. Harper and Nathan reached for their guns while I reached for my knife in my waistband. Bellamy went over to Nathan and cut open a patch on his guard's jacket. He reached in it and pulled out a devise, the same one we used to spy on them that they were now using to spy on us.

Monty placed it on a piece of thick cloth and wrapped it up. "The bag blocks the signal. Now we can talk."

"Who put it in there?"

"That's not important right now." Bellamy tried to save him from having his heart broken. We all knew that it was his boyfriend that put it in there. "Pike just sentenced Lincoln and Sinclair to death, alongside Kane."

I clenched my jaw but refused to react. "Are you trying to scare us?"

"No. We're here to help." Monty said, "I'm sure you have a plan to break them out. What can we do?"

"What are you talking about?" Harper asked playing dumb. I gently rubbed her arm trying to comfort her.

"Harper, come on."

"Look we can help from the inside to pull this off." Bellamy added. "We need people to hand them off to on the outside."

Nathan and I gave each other a look. "We seriously don't know what you're talking about." Nathan pushed.

"You think we want them to die?" Monty questioned.

"It doesn't matter what we think." I said to Monty. "Either way, wether we get them out or not, innocent people will die because of Pike. Wether it's the grounders or one of our people...someone will die because of him."

Hey guys. I hope you enjoyed. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I have been working on a project for school this whole week. But I presented it yesterday so I am done. Yay! Thanks you so much for reading and have a great Memorial Day!

Love ya😘
Bye.