Training

WYATT (DISTRICT TEN) POV:

"Welcome to the training arena," Harriet Heavansby begins, then continues. "In a couple weeks, twenty-three of you will be dead. One of you will be alive. Yes, since this is an all-males Hunger Games there will not be two victors from the same District." At this, Josh, Chris, Nick, Jeff, Ryan and I all gulp. This is what we didn't want.

"Anyways, who that one person is will depend upon how well you pay attention in the next few weeks, particularly to what I'm about to say. Make sure you train in survival skills as well as weaponry. You may be males and need your weapons, but survival is necessary. Ten percent will die from infection, twenty percent from dehydration. Exposure kills as easily as nightlock."

At this, silence. A buzzer then sounds and tributes go everywhere. The careers immediately go to the weapon stations. I snort at this. Josh heads off to talk to District Five and Aaron (who have already made an alliance) while I went with Eleven and Twelve. We went to the plants and fire-making stations first, then Eleven went off to work on snares while Twelve and I waited for the careers to clear out, when Josh and Eleven joined us again.

"Any luck?" I asked.

"Yeah, but they said no Eleven or Twelve," Josh reluctantly said.

"Well... ouch," I said. "I have an idea."

-•-•-•-•-•-•-

RYAN (DISTRICT ELEVEN) POV

As the careers cleared out, we walked over to the first weapons station while Ten discussed amongst themselves. I wondered what they were discussing about, as Josh was getting a shocked look on his face.

First, we went to the spears station. The only one who really excelled at that was Josh, surprisingly. Next up was the trident station. As soon as Wyatt touched it, it was like a warrior facing off against a fly. Wyatt easily won in the simulator, and some of the tributes stopped by and watched. Wyatt turned around, stood there for a second, then bowed.

Next up was the bow station. Chris did exceptionally well at this station. He only missed one in the simulator, which disappeared before it struck him with a dagger.

Then we went to the throwing knives station. Nick was an expert immediately, and even figured out a way for the throwing knife to substitute for a dagger.

Next was the axes and mace station. Braden was still hanging around the axes, so we just went to the maces. I think I did pretty good, Braden managed to actually watch me for a bit, before walking off to the rest of the career pack.

Finally, we went to the swords station. This station was probably why they made training only one day.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-

NICK (DISTRICT TWELVE) POV:

I never thought I'd be in a trance from a male, but that's exactly what happened. When Jeff picked up the sword it was like a fly versus a walking Captiol building. The simulator, even on maximum difficulty, was no match for Jeff. I also noticed that some of the tributes looked as if they had just seen their death handed to them. That's probably why they cut training short and started the private Gamemaker sessions immediately.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Yeah I kinda gave up after Ryan's POV. All I'm saying about the games for now is:

1) I have planned out most deaths, but you can still sponsor your favorite tributes! ;)

2) Jeff may or may not have a distinct advantage in the games (just because I can).

So anyways, be sure to vote, comment, and share! Or as someone (I forgot who) politely says: VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

~Jeff