Chapter 24

A few moments later, Juliet was carrying two large bags out onto the street and placing them outside the flat, on the pavement. Walking back to the front door, she shut it loudly and walked over to Sherlock Holmes who was waiting for her by a cab, holding the taxi door open for her. John watched from the window as the car left Baker Street with inside his two friends, on their way to the train station.

''Paddington Station, please.'' Sherlock said as he turned the corner of Baker Street.

-Dartmoor-

After a few hours of travelling by train, Juliet and Sherlock were now driving across beautiful scenery, across the moors, in a large black jeep. The detective was driving and stopped the car with a sudden move on the side of the road. As the man got out of the car, Juliet followed him closely in confusion as she watched him walking over to a wide green field, filled with small and high hills.

Some time later, away from the road, Sherlock was standing dramatically skyline on a rather large stone outcrop, while the girl stood at the foot of it, consulting a large map on her surroundings. Looking up and glancing quickly around her, she lifted her hand and pointed ahead of herself at a large array of buildings in the distance.

''Well there's Baskerville.'' she exclaimed before turning around and pointing behind them, ''That's Grimpen Village.'' she continued as she turned back around and checked the map for the name of the heavily wooded area to the left of the Baskerville area, ''So that must be Dewer's Hollow.''

''What's that?'' Sherlock asked as he pointed to an area between the complex and the Hollow.

''That?'' the woman replied as she took out binoculars and lifted them, looking more closely at the fencing and the warning signs of the area, ''Minefield? Technically Baskerville's an army base, so I guess they've always been keen to keep people out.''

''Clearly.'' the man stated as he trotted his way down the hill and walked back to the car.

Later, they drove their way into Grimpen Village and pulled into the park of the pub Cross Keys inn. They slowly got out of their car and walked towards the entrance of the pub, where they spotted a young man who was apparently a tour guide that was talking to a group of tourists. As they made their way to the pub, they caught little bits and pieces of the man's conversation.

''... Three times a day, tell you friends. Tell anyone!'' the man announced, standing next to a large sign on which was painted a black image of a wolf-like creature with the words 'BEWARE THE HOUND!', ''Don't be strangers, and remember... stay away from the moor at night if you value your lives!''

Sherlock pulled his overcoat around him as he walked towards the pub, and was now popping the collar as Juliet looked round at him pointedly and sighed. They walked into Cross Key inn, the detective prowled around as the girl went directly at the counter to check in for a room. The manager and barman, Gary, handed her some keys.

''Eh, sorry we couldn't do a double room for you two love birds.'' Gary stated with a sad smile and a wink.

''That's fine. We-we're not...'' she replied as she looked at the smug knowing smile on Gary's face, she gave up.

As the barman went to the till, Juliet's glance fell on a pile of receipts and invoices, which had been punched onto a spike on the bar. She frowned as she saw that one was labeled ''Undershaw Meat Supplies''. Wasn't this pub a vegetarian restaurant as well? Quickly, she reached out and ripped it from the spike, putting it into her jacket's pocket just as Gary came back.

''I couldn't help noticing on the map of the moor, there was a skull and crossbones sign... ?'' Juliet wondered as she quickly tried to act innocent.