Training and... Teenage Activities

"These outfits are so scratchy!" Korra complained as she put her hair in her traditional ponytails.

"Yeah, I only tried one of those on once," Saura said as she took a fistful of the orange fabric in her hand and felt it, "It took some time to get used to, but I still prefer what I normally wear."

It was Korra's first day of training and Sayo was having breakfast with Bolin. As friends of course.

"Do I have to wear this?"
"Unfortunately"
"But-"
"No buts."
"Can't I just-"
"That's final!"

After the disaster that was Korra's first day of airbending, Saura decided to come and cheer her up.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" The airbender asked.

"Frustrated. All Tenzin does is tell me to have patience. I try, but I guess I'm just not a patient person. I don't know how you can airbend so easily" Korra said with a huff.

Saura sat down with a sigh. "Yeah, sometimes the 'all knowing master' doesn't know how to pass on airbending. He means well, but he's not in tune with what we want," she paused, "I know! Why don't we go see a pro-bending match?"

Korra hesitated, but she gave in.

As the two ladies arrived at the pro-bending arena, (Korra swam and Saura flew) they started exploring immediately. They ended up in a gym. Just then, a burly old man walked in

"Hey, what're you two doin' in my gym?" He asked grumpily.

"Uh, we got lost looking for a bathroom." Korra explained, she and Saura smiling innocently.

The man pointed at the girls. "Ah, the old "I had to pee" excuse! You know, I'm sick and tired of you kids sneaking in without paying! You two are coming with me!"

The man advanced on the girls. Saura barely had time to say a "no wait" before the girls were rescued by Bolin.

"There you two are! It's alright Toza, they're with me."

"Bolin! How are you?" Asked Saura as Bolin steered them away from the gym.

"Pretty well, how about you?"

"I'm doing well apart from being ambushed in a gym by a weird guy." Saura replied with a chuckle, "This is Korra. She's new in town and my best friend."

Korra smiled and stuck out her hand. "Nice to meet you."

Bolin took Korra's offered hand with a goofy smile and shook it lightly.

"Wow. Have you ever seen a pro-bending match before?" Bolin asked.

"No, I haven't. I've heard about them on the radio and read the papers, but I've never been allowed to go to one before." Korra explained sadly.

"So this is going to be your first one? That's awesome. You're going to love this, I promise," Bolin replied as he opened a door, "Here we are, best seats in the house."

Saura smiled lightly at Korra as the avatar took in the sights of the arena. The airbender made her way to a bench in the corner, having been in the players' box before. Mako was getting his gear put on, and the two nodded a greeting at each other.

Mako saw Korra and gestured Bolin over to their corner with a frown.

"You've got to stop bringing your crazy fangirls up here, bro. Sayo and Saura are one thing because we actually know them, but some random chick? I don't like to see you distracted before a match."

Bolin stuck out his lower lip in a pout.

"Awww, come on Mako. She's not some random chick. Her name is Korra, she's Saura's friend, and she's never even seen a pro bending match before! It'll be just this once, I promise."

Mako and Saura traded a look as Bolin dragged Korra over to meet Mako.

"Mako? Wow, I heard you play on the radio!" Korra exclaimed.

Mako seemed to be in an especially foul mood, and he barely spared Korra a glance.

"Come on, Bolin. We're up."

Saura rolled her eyes at Mako's attitude, and joined Korra at the box's railing to watch the match. She really seemed to be getting into it, and for that Saura was glad. Korra needed to do more normal teenage things. She had gone from one prison in the compound to another on air temple island and it wasn't fair to the girl at all.

Mako ended up really shining in the third round, and Saura made a mental note to talk to Sayo about their friend possibly having a crush on the firebender.

"That was awesome! One more win and we're in the championship tournament! What did you think, Korra? Bolin's got some moves, huh?" The bright-eyed earthbender asked.

Korra, ever her over-enthusiastic self, pulled Bolin by his collar.

"What did I think? That was amazing!" She exclaimed as Bolin righted himself.

Meanwhile, Mako was talking to Hasook, the resident waterbender on the team, about his shoddy performance that night.

Saura wasn't really paying attention anymore, but she did notice that Korra had finally revealed herself as the avatar. Bolin had offered to show her some moves, and Saura took the opportunity to fly back to air temple islans, settled in asleep before anyone noticed she was gone.

A/N:

So it's been a few years, I guess. Oops.

I recently got a text from a friend informing me of how many views this story has gotten. I guess it was high time for an update, given that Korra has finally come to Netflix.

I may or may not have an AtLA story in the works, but if you guys want to see more of this one, comments are highly appreciated. My writing style has evolved quite a bit from what it was, so I hope I can make this story into something I can be proud of in the chapters ahead.

Comment your ideas, questions, anything, really.

Here's hoping you only have to wait a week or so for an update instead of like, three years.