Chapter 16- So... What Now?

Gatsby groaned softly as he woke up, rubbing his eyes. He felt someone shift next to him. He loooked to his side and saw Nick next to him. "...." He smiled softly and messed with Nick's hair quietly. "My baby boy...~"

Nick yawned softly and woke up, looking to see Gatsby smiling down at him. Nick looked down to see himself naked. He blushed heavily. "D.... Did.... Did we.... h-have sex?"

Gatsby nodded softly. He gently kissed his forehead. "Are you feeling alright?" Nick nodded softly. "Just a bit of a headache..." Gatsby nodded. "Yeah, you had a lot of wine last night." Nick nuzzled into Gatsby and cuddled him. "..... So what does this make us?"

Gatsby looked down at him. ".... What do you think?" Nick looked down. "I-I don't know... I've never had a one night stand... let alone a relationship.... I--" Gatsby softly kissed him. Nick shutted up and kissed back. Gatsby slowly parted and smiled. He nodded softly. "Yes, you magnificent goober. We're together."

Nick smiled softly and cuddled him. Gatsby gently kissed his forehead. "..... What about Daisy?"

"...." Gatsby frowned. He gently kissed his forehead. "Nicky... I... I was stupid.... Stupidly in love with her... But now... My eyes are open... I see that I have you, and... You make me feel--"

Nick got up. "You spent five years, FIVE years chasing after someone you loved, and you're going to dump it all away just for a one night stand with someone you barely know anything about but their name and sexuality?"

"...." Gatsby's face contorted into one of pain and anger. "So everything that happened last night meant nothing. I'm just a toy to fuck with."

"No, what I'm saying is don't get too attached to someone who will bring you down."

"You don't--" Nick got up, keeping his head low as he got dressed and walked out. "..... Nick!!" Gatsby went to go after him, but he was stopped by a few of his maids.

"Sir, you're all filthy!"

"We must get you to the baths!" They ushered him away, making him lose sight of the one he loved.

~

Nick walked out of the house, wiping tears away as he went back to his own place.

'I WASTED MY VIRGINITY ON THAT... THAT... That perfect man... That handsome perfect man who cares too much for his own good ..." Nick walked in the house, laying on the couch and curling up. He felt sick to his stomach.

Rose climbed up with him and laid on him. "Uncle Nicky?" Nick sighed softly. "Yeah, honey?" "Are you alright?" I softly shook my head. "Uncle's got... A lot of things on his plate right now, love... Not feeling too well." "... Then you won't like what I tell you next..." "And what would that be baby?" "Daddy called you on the phone..." Nick stiffened and went for the phone, taking in the voicemail.

"Nick, I need you at the apartment... And bring that Gatsby fellow along. I need to talk with you both. I'll be waiting for your arrival."

Nick screamed internally. What could that low life dirt bag possibly want. Nick left a message for Gatsby, then went to Rose. "Rose, darling. I need to drop you off with a friend really quick... I have to talk with your father." Rose clung onto her plush teddy, and nodded softly. Nick gently picked her up and took her to the car that he had gotten back from the pound. He set her in and buckled her up.

"Who am I going to stay with?" She looked up at him. "I have a friend here in the city, his name is Draven." ".... Is he nice?" Nick nodded. He drove off.

~

Gatsby huffed as he dried his hair. All the phone calls he had to make took most of his free time away, and he still felt incredibly horrible about what he had done to Nick.

'We were drunk... That should have been sign one... Also.....' He threw the towel and yelled. 'I TOOK HIS FUCKING VIRGINITY!!! I TOOK AWAY....' Gatsby curled up on his bed. "What is wrong with me...." A maid walked in.

"Mr. Gatsby. A message from a man named Nick." Gatsby immediately ran to the phone. He picked it up. "Nick!?"

A small voicemail played.

"Hi, Gats.... Jay. Um... Tom wants us to meet at *insert location here*. I'll be there with Tom awaiting you... About this morning.... I'm sorry... I shouldn't have treated you like that.... I just... Can't express my emotions now. I just don't want to be a burden to you...You and I both have enough on our plates as is... I'll tell you the rest later. See you at Tom's place." The message ended.

Gatsby trembled softly. He felt like such an ass. He quickly dressed and quickly ran outside. "Sam! Start the car!!" Sam looked up from a card. "Y-Yes sir." He got in the drivers seat and waited for Gatsby to get in. "To this location. Please." Gatsby handed him a small slip of paper. Sam read it and nodded. They drove off.

~

Nick knocked softly on a wooden door, holding Rose close. The building was rather decent looking, freshly painted. A tall male of 5'11" opened the door. He wore an oversized jacket and a pair of slacks, no shoes or socks on. He leaned against the doorway, hands in pockets as he looked at Nick and Rose. His chocolate brown eyes landed on the small child and his face softened, as not to intimidate her.

His features were that of a gods, so much in fact, that Zeus and Aphrodites themselves would grow jealous by just looking at him. His skin was dark, yet felt like silk. Everything about him was perfect.

And his voice? God, it was like listening to a beautiful, never ending symphony.

"Yes?"

"Hey, Draven. Um... I need a favor."

"Usually do. What's up?"

"I need you to care for my little niece while I go to an important meeting. Could you please care for her?" Draven looked down at the small one. "Of course." Rose looked up at him. She said nothing, in fear of doing something stupid. Draven let her in. Nick sighed softly. "Thank you so much, you have no idea how much this means to me." Draven shook his head. "No problem."

Nick got back in the car and drove off to Tom's apartment.

Draven gently closed the door. He yawned and went back to bed, leaving Rose to explore. However, Rose crawled into bed with him and snuggled him, falling asleep. Draven covered her with a small blanket and fell asleep as well.

Author's Note: WEHLUIIIIIIIGIIIIIII!! Anyways, there ya go! Part 16! Whoo!! Who knows what's coming next?~ See ya marshy mallows laters!