Reunited

Today was finally the day of the ambush. I stood far from Father as he and Kabuto walked in front of me heading out towards the exit. Ever since that night he threatened me, I've been avoiding him trying to stay out of his way. Sasuke was waiting for us sitting on the ledge of the snake statue at the end of the hall with his arms crossed. Ever since they've been preparing for the meeting with Sasori, Sasuke has been in a permanent bad mood since he was instructed not to interfere and stay at the hideout.

"Let me come with you," Sasuke spoke up. "I can't stay here knowing you're battling a strong opponent." He said getting to his feet.

"Sasuke," Father spoke, "It'll be over before you know it. It won't be a challenge for you at all. Even if something goes wrong, we can't have you revealing your abilities giving Itachi a chance to use them against you. The Akatsuki members are always being watched along with their opponents."

"Tch if it's not a challenge then why are you bringing Ko?" He questioned stepping forward.

"Ko is only back up if she is needed. She is also a look out keeping you protected."

Anger flashed through his eyes as he switched his gaze towards me. "I don't need protection from her!"

Father had enough and slapped Sasuke across the face which made me almost laugh. Someone had to put him back in his place.

"How about when this is all over I'll teach you a new jutsu?" Father reasoned with the angry Uchiha.

Usually, Sasuke would retaliate but surprisingly he only nodded and started to walk away without another word.

"Hm, how out of character." I commented.

"Must be because of the new jutsu," Kabuto chimed in.

Before we exited the hideout, Kabuto put on a cloak to mask his identity. Once we were out of the hideout, Father and I stayed behind letting Kabuto walk further ahead to avoid detection just in case Sasori didn't trust Kabuto and sent a spy. Once he was a few miles ahead, we started to walk in silence until Father spoke up.

"Ko, I want you to stay hidden unless I give you the signal. Under no circumstances are you to reveal yourself on your own accord."

"Of course," I replied as we neared the bridge.

Father had me stay in the forest so I was resting on a branch as he moved a few feet forward watching from behind a tree. Kabuto's cloak blew in the wind as he walked across the Tenshi bridge. I sat in a tree in the distance watching with anticipation. Finally, Sasori was seen in the distance approaching the bridge. He moved sluggishly taking his time getting to the meeting point. I looked down at Father who was staring up at me giving me a nod. I activated my eyes focusing only on the hideout that was exactly ten miles away; I was only able to see the main entrance.

Something caught my eye though. I looked back towards Kabuto and Sasori looking over at the brush just behind them seeing three figures. It was blurry but I knew those chakra signatures, Naruto and Sakura.

"Lord Orochimaru," I called out catching his attention. "They're imposters, that's not Sasori in there and I can see Leaf ninja hiding in the brush.

"How many?"

"Three others." I informed which made him smirk.

"Seems like they're pretty foolish thinking we'd be easily tricked. Good work."

His words lifted my spirits making me feel more confident. I watched as Kabuto and 'Sasori' exchanged words. Kabuto held out his arm asking for something, it seems like he hasn't noticed it yet. Suddenly, 'Sasori' pulled out a kunai alarming Kabuto but Father was already behind him surrounding them both with one of his snakes.