The Break-Up

Star POV

Mom, Marco and I are in the gazebo eating lunch. We are pretty much in silence. A while ago Marco tried sparking a conversation by asking how our sleeps were last night but it didn't work so well. We sit there, silent, waiting to finish. I kinda stare at Marco and every once in a while he would look up and quickly look back down seeing I'm looking at him. Mom barely eats anything at all, she just stares at her food like she's expecting it to bounce up at her and jump in her mouth and slide down her esophagus. I know she's sad but she should eat. 
"Mom?"
"Yeah honey?"
"You should eat, I know you're sad but I dont want you going hungry."
"I'm not hungry"
'Yes you are and even if you really aren't then you can eat your salad and go to your room or go to dad. Either way, eat your salad and then you're excused."
"I don't need to be excused by you"I give her the 'really' look and she complies. After she leaves I look at my food and out of the corner of my eye i see Marco staring at me.
"It's rude to stare"
"I could say the same thing"
"Yeah" I say with a giggle. "Hey Marco?"
"Yeah Star?"
"Well, I was wondering what you were thinking on the whole marriage matter"
"I-I'm not sure. I guess some time I would like it to happen but remember I still have to break up with Jacquie" Thats when I pull out my dimensional scissors. Marco stares at them like he did the first time he saw them.
"Shall we?" He snaps out of his daze.
"Yes"

Marco's POV

We go through the portal Star made with her dimensional (actually they're mine but who cares) and arrive at Jacquie's door. Star hides in the bush in her garden in front of her house and she air pushes me. I walk up to the door and ring the door bell. I hear footsteps and suddenly the door opens and Jacquie's there. She screams and hugs me so tight I can't breathe. I pat her back twice and pull her off me. She looks at me with a confused face on.
"What's wrong Marco?" I look up at her and see her bright teal eyes, I tell myself to stay focused and just do what I am there to do
"Jacquie...I have to tell you something I have thought about alot and-"
"Ah....Marco, dont you think its a little early for marriage? I mean, I know we hopelessly in love but I dont think I wanna marry at 14"
"Jacquie-"
"Again, I understand your hopeless love but I'm not quite ready for that strong of a commitment yet"
"Jacquie! Im not here to propose...Im here to break up with you"
"What?! Why?!"
"Because, Jacquie, Im in love with someone else and I might not be around as much anymore."
"Who could possibly be better than me and why in the world would you start disappearing and not be around anymore?!"
"Star, ok? If you must know I love Star! I liked you i love star! I will be in Mewni a lot because we should be getting married soon. Plus her dad is hospitalized and he might die! So I am sorry you were hopelessly in love with me and you never relized how weak our relationship was but this is how it is. I have to go, come on Star" Star leaps out from the bush and I turn around to see Jacquie in complete shock, just the reaction I was looking for especially after what she said. We open another portal back to Mewni and when we get back Star and I sit down.
"Why were you so hard on her?"
"Because I didn't like how she was indirectly talking about you. Plus, she was hanged, she had a horrible ego and she shouldn't be so confident in a single relationship. She just wasn't right for me anymore"
"Well, i'm glad we have that done now, what should we do?"
"I dont know, what do you want to do?"
"A walk out side in the garden with you"
"Well, lets go!" We run out of stars room and slide down the banister because no one was watching. We run out the front door and stop. We are shocked and stunned and...scared to find...

A/N: Cliffhanger! Thanks for reading and bearing with me. Sorry that I haven't uploaded in over a month but its been crazy, however, I used my long weekend to my advantage and wrote up this chapter so here you go!